Desktop EMachines ET1331G, AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250u Processor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desktop EMachines ET1331G, AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250u Processor

Hi guys; is here anybody Computer pro, i have here an old computer Desktop EMachines ET1331G, AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250u Processor .and i need to install a Linux distro, which one should i use, i tried Ubuntu 18.04 but it doesn't run good on it , Desktop

Re: Desktop EMachines ET1331G, AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250u Processor

Solved;
    i had an extra HDD and i did a fresh install of Xubuntu 18.04 and use Firefox and it's got OK also disabled Java and it got even better,thanks

Comment

Ive had good luck using Mint Linux 19 on older dual core AMD systems, if your GPU is week try the XFCE version or Ubuntu MATE is also a nice low resource version.
      My Computer: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, Asrock X370 Killer SLI/AC, 32GB G.SKILL TRIDENT Z RGB DDR4 3200, 500GB WD Black NVME and 2TB Toshiba HD,Geforce RTX 3080 FOUNDERS Edition, In-Win 303 White, EVGA SuperNova 750 G3, Windows 10 Pro

Comment

Xubuntu is a good choice. I use Lubuntu.

Version 20.04 will be coming out late April 2020.

X/Lubuntu will run on 1GB DRAM, but 2GB is better with today's browser.
        --- begin sig file ---

If you are new to this forum, we can help a lot more if you please post clear focused pictures (max resolution 2000x2000 and 2MB) of your boards using the manage attachments button so they are hosted here. Information and picture clarity compositions should look like this post.

We respectfully ask that you make some time and effort to read some of the guides available for basic troubleshooting. After you have read through them, then ask clarification questions or report your findings.

Please do not post inline and offsite as they slow down the loading of pages.

--- end sig file ---

Comment

This machine should be able to take at least 4GB of RAM and up to 8GB, and this one has a pretty weak CPU, would highly benefit from an upgrade if it can take higher TDP (should be able to take at least 65W maybe even 95W). Then it should run pretty good.
          OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Originally posted by piernov View Post
            This machine should be able to take at least 4GB of RAM and up to 8GB, and this one has a pretty weak CPU, would highly benefit from an upgrade if it can take higher TDP (should be able to take at least 65W maybe even 95W). Then it should run pretty good.
            Thanks piernov, do you think this CPU can be upgraded?, i heard it can't?

Comment

Originally posted by ivtec View Post
              Thanks piernov, do you think this CPU can be upgraded?, i heard it can't?

can i use any of these to upgrade?
              http://www.cpu-upgrade.com/CPUs/AMD/...I_X2/250u.html

https://www.ebay.com/p/96871321?iid=...RoCK64QAvD_BwE
              Last edited by ivtec; 02-12-2020, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X