Badcaps.net Forum
Go Back   Badcaps Forums > Troubleshooting Hardware & Devices and Electronics Theory > Equipment Usage, Soldering, Techniques, and Reviews
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2021, 09:43 AM   #1
barakuda123

City & State: london
My Country: uk
I'm a: Knowledge Seeker
Default Need recommendations!! Bga rework station up to 1000

Hi guys can you recommend good and reliable
Bga station up to 1000 pounds
I will be fixing laptop mostly
So something sutable for pch gpu cpu and hybrid cpu reball and replacement
Thanks in advance
barakuda123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 03:49 PM   #2
dicky96
Sun Seeker

City & State: Sunny Gran Canaria
My Country: Spain
Line Voltage: 220V 50Hz
I'm a: Professional Tech
Default Re: Need recommendations!! Bga rework station up to 1000

Hi barakuda
This is just my personal observations - I struggle still to rework/replace GPU, PCH and similar on a 3000+ semi-auto three zone BGA rework station with optical alignment, even after 18 months of owning it. This one

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/3300...archweb201603_

I don't think it is a bad piece equipment I just don't think I sufficiently developed the skills yet to use it successfully

I must admit I did not use it all that time I've owned it, for many months I left it alone as I was a bit disillusioned with it (and busy with other business too) and came back to it recently to have another go

I'm of the opinion (right or wrong) BGA rework is more about technique and experience than the equipment you use, once you reach a minimum level of equipment requirement.

You need to try a lot with whatever you can afford to use, on whatever scrap boards you can find, probably destroy quite a bit of stuff too. No - certainly destroy a lot of stuff!!

I'm still doing that sometimes, then practice and practice and practice some more and you may get there in the end. I honestly hope I do, but I didn't yet.

I'm currently doing some 'research' using the my expensive semi auto LY G720 rework station and also trying with a Quick 861DW clamped in a 'minidrill' pedestal holder like this one

https://www.banggood.com/Plunge-Powe...IaAq6hEALw_wcB

And a Kada 853B hot air preheater. Plus two thermocouples/temperature meters

So probably I should not have replied/advised LOL - I just wanted to give my general observations from my own experience - and I am still trying to learn, but I now make videos of my attempts and upload them to amuse and hopefully eventually educate others

Rich

Last edited by dicky96; 04-14-2021 at 03:51 PM..
dicky96 is offline   Reply With Quote