Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mec 16xx dump with info block

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
    Now not difficult to buy original.i just order yesterday.i have also Sas copy programmer but copy is copy not work like original.

I checked today and it's still way easier to buy the copy

But I'll see about activating the copy then. Actually sent him an email a week ago and haven't had a response.

Edit: Nevermind, it went to junkmail
    Last edited by RethoricalCheese; 08-23-2021, 01:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
      I checked today and it's still way easier to buy the copy

But I'll see about activating the copy then. Actually sent him an email a week ago and haven't had a response.
      I buy from this sites.
      https://www.vss.store/

Comment

Yes, that's the only place it is sold. As I said, it is still easier to buy the copy because the copy is sold in multiple sites. It doesn't come up as a google search response aswell, only the copies do.

I got mine a couple years ago and at that time, I didn't even know that the original and copy are 1:1. ioprogrammer seemed like a legit seller aswell but it turned out to be the copy after I bought it.

But if activating copy is truely possible then atleast it doesn't go to waste. Original author can still get something for it.

Comment

Sas programmer is clone not original.Made in Turkey i know guy.
          Above i send you link i think is original programmer.

Comment

Yes, I know that. You missed my point. My point was that it is too easy to buy the wrong programmer compared to buying the correct one.

Comment

Yes, I know that. You missed my point. My point was that it is too easy to buy the wrong programmer compared to buying the correct one.
              Correct i understand.

Comment

Originally posted by evserv View Post
                Today I spoke with the author at your request ...
                Anyone can activate a clone of the programmer through the author of the programmer Vertyanov and make the programmer licensed. It will work with the latest software version 8.2 which can work with the eeprom area. The activation cost is $ 50.

Activation successful on SAS rev 3.9. First victim was T490s using eeprom read/write and it worked nicely. No serial number rewriting needed now.

Comment

Excellent news

Comment

Activation successful on SAS rev 3.9. First victim was T490s using eeprom read/write and it worked nicely. No serial number rewriting needed now.
                    So did you manage to unlock it? Or did you just read and write? I have Svod3, read and write ok, laptop remains locked Lenovo thinkpad T14 gen 1

Comment

As I said, I used vertyanov, not svod3 to unlock it. Still no idea how people use svod3 to unlock. But since I haven't seen anybody confirm it to work, maybe it just doesn't.

Comment

@dimkka
                        When you perform the READ-ERASE-PROGRAM procedure in the EC/KBC, try to disconnect all source of energy including CMOS battery, check if that makes a difference. We had a similar problem, which was solved by disconnecting all source of energy for 2-3 minutes.

Comment

Tried it with both SAS and SVOD3. Did not help. It was not needed for vertyanov and rt809 tho.

Comment

Originally posted by dwirachmat View Post
                            Work for svp password. But for computrace cant be done. Computrace still remaining when entering bios setup. All id are gone, but computrace still actived. Any solution?
                            Hello, if you haven't solved the computrace already, try writing a fresh bios with ME area cleaned.. worked for me. I have both SVOD and RT809H but the latter worked for me concerning the MEC.

Comment

I have flash MEC wrong file and Now laptop is not turn on
                              T490
                              Please help

Comment

@salim1gr
                                That’s not a problem, you can extract the EC/KBC firmware from a ThinkPad T490 bios update executable, trim the file so it can be used, then use this new file to update the EC/KBC chip using the programmer you have.

Comment

Originally posted by salim1gr View Post
                                  I have flash MEC wrong file and Now laptop is not turn on
                                  T490
                                  Please help
                                  try..
                                  Attached Files

Comment

If you want to unlock lenovo, use the patch method instead.
                                    does it work with lenovo t490s 8 generation ?????

Comment

Originally posted by Aditya11ttt View Post
                                      try this try to find jtag1 connector name on the board only space will be there without connector !!
                                      can i just patche it lenovo t490s or i should use jtag

Comment

Didnt you read 3rd post?

Comment

did you use soldering method or through (kbc?) keyboard/controller cable method?

thank you

Comment

Working...
                                          X