mec 16xx dump with info block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: mec 16xx dump with info block

It doesn't matter AT ALL because you need to disassemble the laptop anyway to move that resistor. So just use jtag solder pads and don't bother with keyboard connector. You should use keyboard connector ONLY if you have tens or hundreds of laptops of the same model.

I used it just to make testing various things easier. But for single unlocking, it's way faster and easier to use jtag solder pads.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
      It doesn't matter AT ALL because you need to disassemble the laptop anyway to move that resistor.
      does it mean, in either cases you have to move/solder the resistor anyway? or kbc can do it without resistor issue? i m confused just trying to figure it out. thanx

Comment

Take the second half of that quote - "you need to disassemble the laptop anyway to move that resistor"

This answered your question.

Comment

Take the second half of that quote - "you need to disassemble the laptop anyway to move that resistor"

This answered your question.
          i ordered the vertyanov kit, and it comes with the keyboard connectors as it looks like thats why i was asking, the pogo pins you have to make one and arrange it, extra work... when you remove the mobo, it is easier to just plug keyboard flex cable no? pogo pins/cables you will need to get stable contact tapes etc?

i read aaac comment about read-backup-erase-program data, and use tool to fix serial model etc info you only need to move the resistor on erase-program stage? and move it back after that and before the fixing the bios additional info? or do you need to move the resistor before doing read/backup?

thanx

Comment

Jtag uses different connector, not the keyboard cables so I highly doubt you can use those. Got to make one yourself. Like I said, if you have only one machine, stop thinking about the keyboard connector.

You need to move the resistor only once. No need to move it back later.

And when you read it using vertyanov, you can just delete password part and write that file back. This is the newer method. Then you won't have to mess with writing back serial numbers because they will not be deleted.

Comment

@mysticusa
              For the MEC chips, which this thread is all about, it uses a different connector as RethoricalCheese says; but for other EC/KBC chips like Nuvoton, ENE, ITE you use the keyboard connector for programming ec/kbc, sometimes the pinout is already defined in programmer configuration file, other times you have to find out the correct pinout and add an entry to configuration file.

Comment

Jtag uses different connector, not the keyboard cables so I highly doubt you can use those. Got to make one yourself. Like I said, if you have only one machine, stop thinking about the keyboard connector.

You need to move the resistor only once. No need to move it back later.

And when you read it using vertyanov, you can just delete password part and write that file back. This is the newer method. Then you won't have to mess with writing back serial numbers because they will not be deleted.
                Thank you for the information. I've just tried with Vertyanov but I don't know how to delete password part. In the software there are 2 things to select (FLASH and EEPROM) and the password is in EEPROM but also Serial Number,... So when I erase this EEPROM area it also deleted serial number. Could you please share how to delete only password part? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by anhbanxoi View Post
                  Thank you for the information. I've just tried with Vertyanov but I don't know how to delete password part. In the software there are 2 things to select (FLASH and EEPROM) and the password is in EEPROM but also Serial Number,... So when I erase this EEPROM area it also deleted serial number. Could you please share how to delete only password part? Thank you
                  No, when you select eeprom read only password section where is store.Mec have 8 block password store in 7th block or dmi info is 8th block.If you read eeprom send will remove password.

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
                    No, when you select eeprom read only password section where is store.Mec have 8 block password store in 7th block or dmi info is 8th block.If you read eeprom send will remove password.
                    I think in my case (Thinkpad T490) the password stored in the first block of EEPROM because when I try to fill the first line with FF I can go to the BIOS setting but with serial number invalid.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by anhbanxoi View Post
                      I think in my case (Thinkpad T490) the password stored in the first block of EEPROM because when I try to fill the first line with FF I can go to the BIOS setting but with serial number invalid.
                      Try this.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
                        Try this.
                        can you patch this file ITE8227 read via vertyanov

THINKPAD L590 with password

FL490/FL590 NM-B931 rev 1.0
                        Attached Files

Comment

GT4A3/GX3A2 NM-C891 Rev :1.0 Lenovo x13

i need jtag pins

please

Comment

Thinkpad X13 with password

vetyanov gives me this message

what will i do please ? erase chip?
                            Attached Files

Comment

Hi everyone here, got same mec1663 on locked Thinkpad T590(starting with bios message 0199 - system security security password retry count exceeded) now waiting for Vertyanov Jig delivery, so is it necessary to move resistors?

Comment

There is an instruction in the program directory, study it carefully and there will be no more questions like this.
                                Last edited by SMDFlea; 03-25-2023, 05:31 AM.

Comment

I guess I have said many times here already. You have to move the jtag reset resistor in any case.

Comment

Originally posted by msnessay View Post
                                    Thinkpad X13 with password

vetyanov gives me this message

what will i do please ? erase chip?
                                    any help please

Comment

Originally posted by msnessay View Post
                                      any help please
                                      There is an instruction in the program directory, study it carefully and there will be no more questions like this.

Without reading this manual, you will not be able to use this programmer ...
                                      Last edited by evserv; 11-30-2021, 06:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by evserv View Post

Without reading this manual, you will not be able to use this programmer ...
                                        i tried vertyanov for some others model like T490 with success Bro

read and whrite good

but in this model i used RT809 also i read the the mec but empty without data

also with vertyano gives me message like photo before

Thnks for your answsers

Comment

If you have blocked jitag, then you will not be able to read it. First, you need to completely erase, and then write the firmware there in turn, and then eeprom.

Comment

Working...
                                          X