RCUnlocker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RCUnlocker

Because i read somewhere in this thread that it is disabled for 32mb, i didnt know if that includes my HP model.

Comment

Originally posted by akam View Post
      Because i read somewhere in this thread that it is disabled for 32mb, i didnt know if that includes my HP model.
      Dump 16MB chip only, and use RCU. There's no need to play with the 32MB chip. This was already mentioned several times!
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      All donations to Badcaps are welcome.
      Become a Badcaps supporter
      >>>>> click on this link to donate <<<<<
      Thanks to all supporters.​
      ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Doctrina est fructus dulcis, radicis amarae.

Comment

It was not clear for me, couldnt get a stright asnwer like yours, thanks anyway, i will try it tomorrow.

Comment

I tried with 16MB dump, the RCunlocker didnt change anything when i compared original with the output in Hexcmp, but HPunlocker tool made some changer yet with both of them password is still there. Any suggestion?

Comment

I tried with 16MB dump, the RCunlocker didnt change anything when i compared original with the output in Hexcmp, but HPunlocker tool made some changer yet with both of them password is still there. Any suggestion?
            Upload dump here.

Comment

Here are both of them, original dumps.
              Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-01-2023, 01:44 PM.

Comment

As you can see, everything is fine, you obviously did something wrong when you tried RCU:
                Last edited by SMDFlea; 04-01-2023, 01:44 PM.

Comment

ok i compared both of my original and your unlocked file, can you please compare them in Hexcmp.
                  they are %100 the same. how can this solve the issue like this? i also tried that and got the same result.

Comment

Seems like your hexcmp is not working because your original and what vesko gave are not the same. And when I tried RCUnlocker on it, it matched what Vesko sent but was had differences compared to your original.

Comment

good then i hope its the case, i will try to flash it.

Comment

guys i flashed the unlocked file, the password is still there!... i have a question i read this thread
                        https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=82001
                        the guy sent both original 32 and 16 to you (RethoricalCheese) and you just modified the 32MB file and sent it back the guy had positive feedback and password was gone. any explanation please!.

Comment

wow finally all passwords are gone, i really thank you guys, appreciate your effort, one last question, so i know you used RCUnlocker for the 16MB dump and what did you use for the 32MB?
                          curious for next cases.

Comment

so i know you used RCUnlocker for the 16MB dump and what did you use for the 32MB?
                            curious for next cases.
                            Еxperience.

Comment

Excellent, thanks anyway.

Comment

After using RCUnlocker, you are not supposed to get an unlocked devmode anyway.. You just need to go to devmode to clear the machine. After that you will be able to log into a random account in normal mode where you must do a powerwash to unlock devmode aswell.

It should be all written in info screen after unlocking..

Comment

Hello RethoricalChesse,
                                  Do you have a firmware for
                                  Acer Chromebook Spin 311 (R721T) KASUMI360
                                  The chip is Winbond W25Q128FWSP

Thank you

Comment

Hi, if i drop a 32mb file of the 850g6 laptop the program replies that it needs 16mb chip. How can i unlock the 32mb chip ?
                                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-22-2021, 09:46 AM.

Comment

Getting an error using;
                                      ---------------------------
                                      cx_Freeze: Python error in main script
                                      Traceback (most recent call last):
                                      File "C:\Users\kaurv\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\__startup__.py", line 104, in run
                                      File "C:\Users\kaurv\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37-32\lib\site-packages\cx_Freeze\initscripts\Console.py", line 15, in run
                                      File "RCUnlocker.py", line 328, in <module>
                                      File "RCUnlocker.py", line 209, in displayInfoUserCred
                                      UnicodeDecodeError: 'utf-8' codec can't decode byte 0x8b in position 0: invalid start byte

OK

Comment

@maxitaxi upload 32mb locked dump here.

Indeed you need to unlock 16mb with RCunlocker, it doesnt support the 32mb chip.

Comment

Do what it says. Read the 16MB chip and use that instead of 32MB chip...

Comment

Working...
                                          X