LG 55UJ6200 - backlight turns on, power light blinks 3 times, nothing else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LG 55UJ6200 - backlight turns on, power light blinks 3 times, nothing else

Just replaced all the LED strips and successfully turned on the set and even watched some HDR content, but then noticed a small piece of dirt dead center in the screen. Tried flicking the screen to get it to drop to the bottom as well as static-charging a cloth and rubbing it to make it go down the screen, but no luck.

So I proceeded to disassemble the whole set again. You can guess what comes next.

The set lights up fine, but blinks 3 red blinks and no menu or anything else. The screen looks fine, but there could be panel damage or a short. Also the lights stay on.

Any ideas?

Re: LG 55UJ6200 - backlight turns on, power light blinks 3 times, nothing else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zTSLhmHdPiI

should I try this?

Comment

Double check the flex cables to the screen and all the other cables are plugged in correctly also check a corner of the screen isn't cracked, they are the usual points of failure during a repair.

Comment

Cables secure, corners are all fine.

Comment

I tried the half screen test and look what I found. RIP panel.
          Attached Files

Comment

Caused by a damaged flex to the screen I think.

Comment

Working...
            X