No announcement yet.

Panasonic Inverter Refrigerator model NR-BY602XS - suddenly not cold overnight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Panasonic Inverter Refrigerator model NR-BY602XS - suddenly not cold overnight

Originally posted by beetle1303 View Post
    Based on this sensor specs, I believe the 2 sensors I tested measuring at 1.58kOhm at ~26-28c, and 5.8kOhm at 0c should be working normally.

On the overload protector - how do I determine if it tripped open due to over-voltage or not?
    that thermal looks broken ...

Comment

Re: Panasonic Inverter Refrigerator model NR-BY602XS - suddenly not cold overnight

On the overload protector - how do I determine if it tripped open due to over-voltage or not?
      Check the resistance between pins 1 & 3, it should check like a short. It trips with excess current not voltage.

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
        Could you put this original picture somewhere so I can make some tests with it?
        (Obviously you would need to use some other website if you get the error above here...)
        Here's the link for 1 such pic that caused this error: https://we.tl/t-lLIq3zXP41

** I just did a resized from 15mb to 4mb, then it loads OK.
        Last edited by beetle1303; 04-20-2020, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
          i suspect the motor may have a bad phase or drive line,
          if it hums then the electronics are trying to run it.
          we need board pics.
          Here are the controller board pics, and connectors diagram.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
            Check the resistance between pins 1 & 3, it should check like a short. It trips with excess current not voltage.
            The resistance between pins 1 & 3 is 3.2 ohms.

Noted your correction, important for my education, thank you.

Presumably, if the compressor draws too high current, the temperature rises above the limit and trips open this protector, and cut off the power to all 3 terminals of the compressor?

In my case, the voltage among all 3 terminals were 160VAC soon after powered up, does this mean the compressor is not overloaded?

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
              that thermal looks broken ...
              If it tested resistance of 3.2 ohms across pin 1 & 3, does it mean still good? If not, how to determine it's still functional?

Comment

try putting your meter leads together then deduct the reading from 3.2 .
                have you tried fast freeze function ?

Comment

Weird.. Now it reads 0.7 ohm, and touching the 2 leads together reads 0.5 ohm.

Comment

the + end of the bridge rectifier is darker, marker pen, soot, burn mark??

Comment

Weird.. Now it reads 0.7 ohm, and touching the 2 leads together reads 0.5 ohm.
                      so it is really 0.2 ohms which seems good

have you tried fast freeze yet ? it should bypass the thermostat .
                      Last edited by petehall347; 04-21-2020, 06:54 AM.

Comment

the + end of the bridge rectifier is darker, marker pen, soot, burn mark??
                        I think it's shadow from the camera phone. This pics is clearer, look normal.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                          so it is really 0.2 ohms which seems good

have you tried fast freeze yet ? it should bypass the thermostat .
                          You meant the Fast Freeze button on the fridge? Yes, it has no effect on the evaporator.

I should clarify, that the fridge is always power down. Each time I did some checks, or taking measurements, I would power it up for like 5- 10 minutes, then I will power down the fridge.

The longest I have left it power up is ~30 minutes, and still no cool air at all..

Comment

I insulated the 2 wires (brown and blue) and power up without the overload protector just to confirm if the circuitry is working - and compressor not starting up as expected.

Then I put everything back per normal, power up and rerun the Self Diagnostic one more time (which I have done multiple times), and paid really close attention to the indicator displays at the door panel - OMG!

2 of the indicator lights blinked a few times then went off. I waited for a minute or so, nothing happened and all the indicator display lights were off. I have done this a few times and it always the same outcome.

I was thinking since the outcome is nothing lighted up - so the fault should be the at the end of the flowchart:
                            • Faulty compressor motor.
                            • Compressor lock.

Now, looks like it is at #4:
                            • Defect of control PCB.
                            • Communication error between IC1 & IC201

So I guess I just have to source for a working controller board!
                            Attached Files

Comment

or fix the board?

Comment

The board looks like tropical rain forest to me...

Are you able to point it out where do I start checking?
                                Attached Files

Comment

OK

I have repaired VFD drive before

This has to have a IGBT module some where on that board more than likely there is a heat sink on top of it post the part number of it

Try reading the voltage on terminals 1 and 3 / 2 and 3 / 1 and 2 on the compressor terminals

The voltage readings should be very close to each other

If you can not get a stable reading then try read the input voltage at board if you do not get a stable reading there then you have some problem at IGBT module
                                  9 PC LCD Monitor
                                  6 LCD Flat Screen TV
                                  30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
                                  10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
                                  6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
                                  1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
                                  25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
                                  6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
                                  1 Dell Mother Board
                                  15 Computer Power Supply
                                  1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
                                  2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
                                  All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

The only one with heatsink is this giant one labelled IMP301 on the board. The only IGBT I can see but without heatsink is MIP414MD.

The 3 compressor pins all has resistance of 9.4 ohm between them. When powered up, all has around 160.3-5 between them.

I have powered up the fridge, and turned on the quick freeze function, and the freezer control to max. The compressor started up with normal low temperature, low vibration and low humming sound. After about 30 minutes, it became quite hot (but not too hot to touch) with medium pitch whining sound, but vibration remained low.

The inlet and outlet tubes to and fro the compressor both feel slightly hot and slightly cold respectively. Evaporator fan is running. Can feel the refrigerant flowing through when placing fingers onto the evaporator coil, but not cold at all.

I gave the compressor a few bangs with a gloved fist, the whining pitch seemed to have lowered, then returned to same level after a short while.
                                    Attached Files

Comment

maybe you could use 3 lamp bulbs in parallel to the compressor coils to see if all 3 are being driven.

Comment

maybe you could use 3 lamp bulbs in parallel to the compressor coils to see if all 3 are being driven.
                                        I would, if you could kindly draw me diagram on how to wire them up, and presumably using 40w-100W incandescent bulbs?

I should expect to see these bulbs flickering indicating varying power driving the compressor?
                                        Attached Files

Comment

you could wire them so one end of each lamp is joined, and the other end is hooked to the V,W & U signals like in the diagram,
                                          that would be pins 7,9 & 11

Comment

Working...
                                          X