Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Capacity challenge for Sanyo OS-CON 510uf 4v on older GPU

Hi guys/gals,

I have this geforce 2 card that needs a recap.
    It contains some nichicons but also some purple Sanyo OS-CON 510uf 4 volt according to the label. Unfortunately the product range is not on the label and i also cannot find the 510uf specs in their (older) PDF datasheets/catalogs using google.
    Besides that, i can't find any matching 510uf these days either.

As a general rule I know you can deviate about 20% max on UF (510uf in this case), but what would/could happen if I were to use 560uf for it, since this cap can also deviate 20% and might have a uf of 560 x 1,20?

I am thinking about recapping the whole card using polymers, just to be sure it gets low ESR. Also given the fact that I don't know the exact specs of this Sanyo OS-CON 510uf 4v cap and I also don't know what the caps purpose is. I know it might not be necessary but Polymers are pretty affordable these days and I will be sure of Low ESR since Low ESR electrics aren't available anymore.

I read alot about capacitors yet i'm still pretty new regarding to my experience. What would you advise?
    Last edited by EFritz20; 05-30-2021, 12:58 PM.

Re: Capacity challenge for Sanyo OS-CON 510uf 4v on older GPU

The rated capacitance will not be 510uF post a picture of the cap.
    "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Originally posted by Per Hansson View Post
      The rated capacitance will not be 510uF post a picture of the cap.
      Its exactly the same as these ones:

https://silmic.ir/wp-content/uploads...54-600x600.jpg

https://silmic.ir/wp-content/uploads...47-600x585.jpg

Its a different card but you can see them on here too:
      https://www.ixbt.com/video/images/v8...200d-front.jpg
      Last edited by EFritz20; 06-01-2021, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Can you give us the photo of those caps, there might be their series and I could get info from datasheets...

Comment

Also they are could be soldered on board not on factory... There is no info in datasheet for SP Sanyo OS-CON caps... check the soldering points under caps on board and compare to other soldering points

Comment

Also here was other post with same caps, one guy recomended 560uf 4v caps. so I think I would recomend Panasonic/Sanyo 4SEPC560M. Same OS-CON series but Polymer ones

Comment

I was wrong then, still can't find a datasheet for that old series.
              Just go with 560uF as suggested.
              "The one who says it cannot be done should never interrupt the one who is doing it."

Comment

Working...
              X