CD Shows No Content When Making ISO Image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CD Shows No Content When Making ISO Image

I have a CD which contains a rescue distro (konboot) and I want to make an iso image using poweriso, so I can put it in a flash drive. The problem is that when I open the content of the cd either in "file explorer" or "poweriso" it doesn't show anything, just a shortcut of a file that says "waiting to be written to cd."
    The odd thing is that I can boot the computer from this cd, so I know there's content there, which I can't see. I selected show "hidden files" in "file explorer" but still I can't see anything. How is it possible to see the content of the cd? and how can I make an iso image of it?
    thanks (check picture)
    Attached Files

Re: CD Shows No Content When Making ISO Image

the cd has multiple partitions starting with a "boot" partition that will look like a binary dump of a floppy disk.
    this bs was needed to get around various problems with how bioses treat optical media

Comment

Originally posted by stj View Post
      the cd has multiple partitions starting with a "boot" partition that will look like a binary dump of a floppy disk.
      this bs was needed to get around various problems with how bioses treat optical media
      Is there a way to see the content?

Comment

Use a utility like IMGBURN, create an ISO from the disk. From there, you can extract the ISO to files.
        <--- Badcaps.net Founder

Badcaps.net Services:

Motherboard Repair Services

----------------------------------------------
        Badcaps.net Forum Members Folding Team
        http://folding.stanford.edu/
        Team : 49813
        Join in!!
        Team Stats

Comment

I agree with topcat i also use imgburn https://www.imgburn.com/

Comment

I've seen this with rescue disks. The actual files exist on the boot sector of the CD, they can't be viewed on the CD because they're allocated not to
            Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
            ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Originally posted by Topcat View Post
              Use a utility like IMGBURN, create an ISO from the disk. From there, you can extract the ISO to files.
              Another thumbs up for IMGBURN from me.

I've been using it for years now, and can't believe I didn't find it earlier (back in the mid 2000's when it came out.)

IMGBURN's support forums are also very helpful for these kinds of issues too.

Comment

Working...
              X