Alienware M14x laptop issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alienware M14x laptop issue

Hello all, I have in my possession a alienware laptop, issue does not power up, Now when the power cable is plug in shows blue light around the power jack, switch on keypad flashes up, then the power cable light goes out, then nothing,
    I'm all for ideas on what the issue is, seems strange the power cable lights up once and that is it.
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 07-02-2021, 09:17 AM. Reason: Added "M14x" to thread title

Re: Alienware laptop issue

Sounds like a short-circuit or overload in the laptop is causing the power adapter to shut down. Either that, or perhaps the power adapter is bad (bad caps?) and shutting down under any significant load. I suggest trying another power adapter or try the power adapter from this laptop in another working laptop (probably a good idea to try it on a Dell, as Alienware is build by Dell) and see if the issue follows the adapter or not.

Comment

Update, I've tried a dell charger, not the same voltage but the laptop functions, I, have hard drive installed a, cd stuck in the drive, no eject button to get it out, so stuck,

Comment

Originally posted by LEEDASH View Post
        Update, I've tried a dell charger, not the same voltage but the laptop functions, I, have hard drive installed a, cd stuck in the drive, no eject button to get it out, so stuck,
        Post the laptop model number. There should be a small hole in the bezel, straighten out a paperclip and push it into the hole,it should open.If you can`t see a hole it will be behind the bezel,just unclip it.
        All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Hi its a M14 model

Comment

Working...
          X