tx2-8fz relay substitute

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tx2-8fz relay substitute

i am trying to find a relay to substitute tx2-8fz as a drop in replacement because i cant find it in the uk and its for a rush job . i have room for 2 separate relays but cant find with same specs . i don't know the capability of whatever drives the coils as most of the board is still buried in rubber stuff so want to keep close to original .
    data sheet here .. https://www.alldatasheet.com/datashe...1/TX2-8FZ.html

Re: tx2-8fz relay substitute

You just need to find a single coil at roughly 200 ohms pull in voltage at roughly at 6 volts
    drop out voltage for there specifications are bogus 0.7 volts the lower the voltage the better but do not be to worried about this specific value to much

I would just find a automotive type relay that is very similar in specifications and try it unless this relay is connected to a computer on this device then you have to have the specifications as close as possible to not have a conflict with the computer

I found something but the specifications are not the same for the coil voltage pull in voltage and the resistance is not the same but it might work if it is not controlled by a computer or some type of micro controller if it has some type of current sensor device hooked to coil

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...b179a1869e.pdf

Or

https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...d9faf4d816.pdf

Please post a picture of the board if you can or what is controlling

The question I have is this a latching type relay or is it a bidirectional type of relay it does make a difference to use the right type of relay

Do you know what the difference is between the two types of relays if you do not I can explain the difference between the two different types

Because I have used both types of relays before

You can use a normal type of relay for either type of relay mentioned earlier however the results of operation will be some what different for the latching relay type

A seller on AliExpress has them in stock unfortunately I can not post the link to it
    A seller on EBay has used ones for sale however it is EBay USA website

I hope this helps you
    Last edited by sam_sam_sam; 07-23-2021, 05:46 AM.
    9 PC LCD Monitor
    6 LCD Flat Screen TV
    30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
    10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
    6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
    1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
    25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
    6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
    1 Dell Mother Board
    15 Computer Power Supply
    1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
    2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
    All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

its a dual relay .or rather 2 relays in the same box . looks like we will have to wait for the right one to come from china . i have cleaned the contacts for now so the customer can use the machine for now and bring it back in for new relay fitted .
      its basically same as this but this mower is diesel so has stop solenoid to relay . https://www.orangetractortalks.com/f...o-start.13761/

Comment

Okay thanks for letting me know what it is used for
        9 PC LCD Monitor
        6 LCD Flat Screen TV
        30 Desk Top Switching Power Supply
        10 Battery Charger Switching Power Supply for Power Tool
        6 18v Lithium Battery Power Boards for Tool Battery Packs
        1 XBox 360 Switching Power Supply and M Board
        25 Servo Drives 220/460 3 Phase
        6 De-soldering Station Switching Power Supply 1 Power Supply
        1 Dell Mother Board
        15 Computer Power Supply
        1 HP Printer Supply & Control Board * lighting finished it *

These two repairs where found with a ESR meter...> Temp at 50*F then at 90*F the ESR reading more than 10%

1 Over Head Crane Current Sensing Board ( VFD Failure Five Years Later )
        2 Hem Saw Computer Stack Board

All of these had CAPs POOF
        All of the mosfet that are taken out by bad caps

Comment

Working...
        X