Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TDGAUDIO NFC-83A ceiling speaker crossover repair(no output)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TDGAUDIO NFC-83A ceiling speaker crossover repair(no output)

Hey guys, im trying to figure out why my ceiling speaker has no output from the woofer or tweeter. I cannot seem to get a resistance at the main input speaker terminals but i did measure resistance at the woofer and at the tweeter wires individually and everything seems to be OK. Ive done a little bit of troubleshooting on my own and when i was probing the negative terminal in combination with any component (PTC fuse, the capacitor, and any of the resistors) on the crossover i get no continuity what so ever. However, when i take the same model speaker but a fully working one and i probe the negative terminal in combination with any of the components listed above i get continuity. What section of the crossover would cause a no output condition? I've been toying with the fact that its the PTC resettable fuse but i am unsure if its used to only protect the tweeter or if its used to protect the entire design.

I checked all the resistors and the values are as follows

25w2ΩJ=1.5
    25w2ΩJ=1.5
    10w2.2ΩJ=1.4
    10w2.2ΩJ=1.4
    10w2.7ΩJ=2.8

Re: TDGAUDIO NFC-83A ceiling speaker crossover repair(no output)

thats a stupid design, the vibration will fuck the soldering.
    check the joints on the back of the board.

Comment

I will touch up and reflow all the joints on the back of the PCB. Do the resistance values seem correct? When i check the resistance values of the same model of a working speaker the results are much closer to their rating.
      For example the
      25W2ohmJ=2.2ohms
      10W2.2ohmJ=2.3

Should i be concerned the the different values on the non working speakers?

Comment

looks like some one already got to the PCB before me. Lots of deep scratches on the pcb. I think maybe one of them is deep enough to cut a trace to the negative post?

free animated gif flag
        Last edited by r2digital; 07-31-2021, 01:00 PM.

Comment

the thermistor is there to protect the tweeter .

Comment

Does anyone what i should check if i have no output from the tweeter/midbass? Verified the tweeter and midbass work fine individually

Comment

draw the circuit.
              it doesnt look like a crossover though - only one cap.

Comment

Working...
              X