Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

waddup

Comment

waddup fam

Comment

So folks, my TV is on the blink and I decided I'd have a bash at repairing it.
        Somewhat unsurprisingly, I find myself needing a bit of help...

Comment

Hi all,

I just started to break my broken things, and I hope to learn in the process to eventually fix my own broken stuff....

It's an intriguing world of very helpful people, thank you for this forum!
          Wildor

Comment

hi from ananin ami, fixin stuff now an then

Comment

Hello all!

I am an electrical engineering tech student. I have always been interested in, and tinkered with various electronics ever since I was young. A neighbor gave me a VIZIO M50-C1 tv that no longer works as they were going to throw it away. They thought I may be able to tinker with it and get it working. I stumbled upon this forum and it has been SO helpful so far! I haven't gotten the tv working yet, but at least I know where to start the diagnosis, thanks to this site!!

Thanks everyone!
              Adam

Comment

Hi, saying hello so I can PM and request some info.

Ive used your the site a few times and always found great info and correct .roms to what I searched for. Its always been free verus other sites and information has been correct. Thank you for both those things

Comment

Hello there!

Comment

Hello everyone.

Comment

Hello everyone! Joined the forums years ago but never posted.

Comment

Hello

Comment

I tried to post my history but I lost it when I was required to re-login. So here is the extremely condensed one.
                          Started with a summer job at 12 with a tv repairman. Mostly tubes then. From his influence, I became a radio amateur.
                          Took electronic engineering technology. Worked in ATC simulation.
                          First computer RS colour computer, then a 486 PC (for my children).
                          Found site while looking for repair info for my tv.

Comment

Great !, I`m from Romania, and had a on/off relation with electronics (used to be good at it). Although I`m a fresh user, I used this forums a few times before, and found it excellent for its purpose . Hope users keep helping each other in the future.

Good luck everybody

Comment

Hi there, I'm an Azorean guy that is just curious to learn some more about electronics, because I like challenges!

I have an Imac 27" late 2013 and an AMD Ryzen desktop.

All the best to all of you!

Comment

Hello everyon3,
                                My name is Jacek, Im from Poland, for last 6 years Im living in Nederland, buyng selling fixing laptops, cellphones etc...
                                I had break from fixing for 4 years so Im rusty and hungry of knowledge.

Per aspera at astra

Comment

Hello all.

New to this board and hope to get some assistance and education

Comment

Hi All,

I came here to find out how to fix some issues with my TV

Comment

Hi, I have an interest in electronics, mainly guitar effects pedals. I am an electrician, but have a very limited knowledge of electronics.
                                      I hope to find some interesting reading here.
                                      Thanks.

Comment

New guy to the forum here but I am starting a new venture with a pc repair company. I got a lenovo laptop in with a corrupted BIOS and have ordered the programmer kit to start being able to bring devices back from the dead. I am looking forward to being a part of this community.

Comment

Hello, I am new here. My first computer I bought was a Mac Plus, in 1981. I had been using mainframes and desktops since 1977. At 15 I got a line of credit at the computer store, and when I had to borrow my mom's car to pick up the computer in a big box, she almost had a cow- $2,000 for that?
                                          Anyway I have a question about circuit board planned obsolescence:
                                          I have just gone over 6 Sharp tvs. Most have a KE833 board inside. All of them have Thermal Interface Material between the heat sink and the circuit board. All of them have the same problem: after time, the thermal material will break down and a liquid will come out, a tiny bit at a time. This liquid will collect on the board, enter the feed-throughs, and corrode them apart, so the feed throughs no longer conduct. Can this be repaired or is this an example of Planned Obsolescence by Sharp. I remove thermal material when I see it starting to leak. Let me know if you can tell me anything about this.
                                          I can purchase the new board for this set from Encompass at $319.
                                          Thanks,
                                          Jim Riley
                                          Hi-Tek TV Service
                                          Brunswick, GA

Comment

Working...
                                          X