HELP BIOS HP-15dy1005nl

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP BIOS HP-15dy1005nl

Good day! I try desperately BIOS files for HP 15-DY1005NL. HP has no support for this notebook model. I sneak for your availability.
    Leonardo
    Attached Files
    Last edited by leomola; 08-02-2021, 05:04 AM.

Re: HELP BIOS HP-15dy1005nl

Originally posted by leomola View Post
    Good day! I try desperately BIOS files for HP 15-DY1005NL. HP has no support for this notebook model. I sneak for your availability.
    Leonardo
    post the backup of the original bios
    Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

This is the backup file
      Attached Files

Comment

This is the backup file
        the posted bios is almost empty..remove the bios chip from the motherboard before reading or writing, or glue wires between the bios chip and the programmer..do not use the clip ... what programmer do you use ??
        Due to a lack of donations, server free space at a critical level, and possible closure of Bios Requests all donations are welcome, click:

>>>>> https://www.badcaps.net/index.php?pageid=donate1 <<<<<

Every donation made will go towards server fees and maintenance costs.

Comment

Unfortunately the chip was damaged! I need to reprogram a new XM25QH128A. I can't find a bios file to use.
          Thank you

Comment

Unfortunately the chip was damaged! I need to reprogram a new XM25QH128A. I can't find a bios file to use.
            Thank you
            Do you mean its physicaly damaged,like burned or a broken leg ,or damaged because you can`t read anything from the chip. What model is your programmer
            All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

I use RT809F programmer.

Comment

I use RT809F programmer.
                Do you think the chip is damaged because you can`t read anything from it,or is it burnt ,i have asked you already at post #6

There`s an old thread about this programmer + XMC chip compatibility.You can try updating the software to the latest.

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=80023

I don`t know if anyone has found a fix. The CH341A supports them with NeoProgrammer and ASProgrammer software.

Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-10-2021, 08:09 AM.
                All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

How can I extract this Hp bios file?
                  I need the bin file to reprogram my broken chip.
                  Thank you

Comment

How can I extract this Hp bios file?
                    I need the bin file to reprogram my broken chip.
                    Thank you
                    If you can`t read anything from it then how are you going to write anything to it.I already asked if the chip is physically damaged.Its important to try and get a good backup from it as it contains the DMI info. The CH341A programmers are cheap,its always good to have more than 1 programmer.

Comment

Originally posted by SMDFlea View Post
                      If you can`t read anything from it then how are you going to write anything to it.I already asked if the chip is physically damaged.Its important to try and get a good backup from it as it contains the DMI info. The CH341A programmers are cheap,its always good to have more than 1 programmer.
                      The original chip is damaged how do i reprogram a new chip? what bios file do i use?

Comment

The original chip is damaged how do i reprogram a new chip? what bios file do i use?
                        Damaged in what way.........

Comment

Damaged in what way.........
                          Wrong reprogramming so it is not possible to recover its original content ...

Comment

Post the laptop serial number .

Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-14-2021, 12:08 PM.

Comment

Here`s a link to download the bios updater https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp118...0/sp118345.exe

Run the exe on a win 10 PC (the updater crashes on win 7) ,go to the next screen and choose the "Copy" option ,it wil decrypt and extract four different bios. Two of them are 16MB ,086C8.bin and 0864B.bin ,try both.

15-dy1xxx Series
                              Attached Files

Comment

I tried to download this file but once launched the executable it extracts it but it stops does not give me the choice.
                                Here`s a link to download the bios updater https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp118...0/sp118345.exe

Run the exe on a win 10 PC (the updater crashes on win 7) ,go to the next screen and choose the "Copy" option ,it wil decrypt and extract four different bios. Two of them are 16MB ,086C8.bin and 0864B.bin ,try both.

15-dy1xxx Series

Comment

15-dy1xxx Series
                                  In attach Serial
                                  Attached Files

Comment

I tried to download this file but once launched the executable it extracts it but it stops does not give me the choice.
                                    Extract the sp118345.exe to a folder using 7-zip https://www.7-zip.org/ or winrar. Run the 864B.EXE in the extracted folder, it should give the option to copy now.

Comment

In attach Serial
                                      https://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.asp...ext=5CD9527GML

BIOS_VERSION Sku Desc Not Available

IMG_BUILDID BID=19WW2LAT601#SABZ#DABZ

IMG_DESC1 3K6b7K7P7WaBapaqasawbCbhcbdUdpdqfP.QA <-This is the FeatureByte

Comment

Here`s both 16MB bios,if you still can`t extract them .Hopefully one of them will work.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X