Trying to identify MSI GP63 LEOPARD 8RE laptop MB component

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to identify MSI GP63 LEOPARD 8RE laptop MB component

Trying to identify component on MSI GP63 LEOPARD 8RE (Mother Board id 16P51 Rev 1). Any help is greatly appreciated. If I am reading the board correctly is it PC221?

Thank you,
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SMDFlea; 08-06-2021, 07:15 AM. Reason: GP63 LEOPARD 8RE

Re: Trying to identify MSI laptop MB component

Just to be sure, are you sure there is only one missing component? In the photos you posted I see 3 missing caps but I might be wrong.

For me it looks like its C989 or C988.

If you want to check its C989 check if there is continuity between pin 2 of SLG7NT402V and one pad (One is connected to ground, and the other one is connected to pin 2)

If you want to check its C988 do the same with pin 3.

Here its the datasheet for U42: https://cdn.badcaps-static.com/pdfs/...10d4519167.pdf
    Last edited by Cuboy; 08-03-2021, 03:08 PM.

Comment

Just the one circled capacitor nothing was on the other pads. So would that be C988 and how could I find the value of that capacitor?
      Thank you,

Comment

Originally posted by bigperm View Post
        Just the one circled capacitor nothing was on the other pads. So would that be C988 and how could I find the value of that capacitor?
        Thank you,
        It looks like its an 10uF 6.3v cap, its the C10u6.3X50402-HF one, which i suppose 10u means 10uF and 6.3 means 6.3V.

If you want to really be sure, desolder a cap and check if the capacitance is right according to the schematic.
        Last edited by Cuboy; 08-03-2021, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Hi
          Yes i think also PC221

Comment

I measured the capacitor and got a reading of 8.3uf so I believe its C988 10uf with would be +-20. PC221 is a 0.1uf cap and so is C989. PC221 is probably the empty pads above it. Thank you Cuboy

Comment

Originally posted by bigperm View Post
              I measured the capacitor and got a reading of 8.3uf so I believe its C988 10uf with would be +-20. PC221 is a 0.1uf cap and so is C989. PC221 is probably the empty pads above it. Thank you Cuboy
              No problem!

Tell us if you got the laptop working or not, hope you fix it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuboy View Post
                No problem!

Tell us if you got the laptop working or not, hope you fix it.
                Put the capacitor in and still not working.
                My laptop had cracked hinges so after repair I noticed only the intel graphics was working and no Nvidia graphics. I inspected the board with the microscope and found the lifted capacitor. So I replaced the capacitor and the Nvidia graphics still not showing up in device manager. everything else is working fine. Would powering up laptop with that lifted cap blow something else on the board? Any ideals of what else to check?

Comment

Working...
                X