Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung un60eh6003f horizontal lines

Originally posted by jb. View Post
    hahahahahah hows that? geeze lighten up man...and no i am not an lcd expert,(its actually an led) but as others have said, its pretty clear in the picture....had i put a movie on, it would be harder to see then it would in contrast to the black background....clearly you are too ornary to help, so please move along
    It is still a LCD tv with led backlight instead of CCFL.
    Anyways back on topic.

You need to figure out which side is causing the failure and remove all the tabs on that side.
    I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

your tv IS actually an LCD tv that is led lit... but the led lighting has little to do with your issue. Put a test pattern on the screen (lots to choose... color bars, etc)... this may help with identifying the areas that may be in trouble. Depending on the "pressure" that your putting on the frame, I would also check the connection between the bottom and side. Those cables might be "clampable" and you might "reseat" them accordingly.

Comment

i have figured out exactly which 2 tabs, directly across left and right from the lines in the picture...those tabs, just like the other side ones dont actually connect to anything, just hang off and had a little piece or tape on them...if i push the bezel in toward the glass (both sides at the same time) it goes away...

no other pressure anwhere else has any effect, just those 2 side tabs

and thanks very much for everyones help, much appreciated
        Last edited by jb.; 10-19-2017, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
          It is still a LCD tv with led backlight instead of CCFL.
          Anyways back on topic.

You need to figure out which side is causing the failure and remove all the tabs on that side.
          what are those tabs for?(the ones on the side that dont connect to anything) you say to remove them?

Comment

"ORNARY"?! what slang is this? My language is not english.. write easy.. anyway you're a poor man and what you are here for? You don't even know the technology of your screen (you say led...) let's think if you can repair it... your TV hates you and it rebels to you with a panel fault, rightly... let it sleep on a landfill..

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
              "ORNARY"?! what slang is this? My language is not english.. write easy.. anyway you're a poor man and what you are here for? You don't even know the technology of your screen (you say led...) let's think if you can repair it... your TV hates you and it rebels to you with a panel fault, rightly... let it sleep on a landfill..
              nah, im not tossing it because you are a grumpy ol man..one "lol" and you got bent out of shape..i asked you to move along, i love tearing things apart and fixing them, changed lots of boards on plasmas, and fix tablets and laptops....but new to this one....this forum is for people to come together and fix, but clearly you are a miserable person, please go away. thanks

Comment

what are those tabs for?(the ones on the side that dont connect to anything) you say to remove them?
                can you take some pictures of the tabs in question that connect to the lcd panel the ones you press and the picture goes good so we can see what were dealing with thanks
                Last edited by vinceroger69; 10-19-2017, 11:58 AM.

Comment

there are tons of posts on this. You need to do as suggested and post a very good picture with a well known tv test pattern that people can easily recognize what is and isn't there. Then you can decide on further action like removing tabs.

Comment

Originally posted by budwich View Post
                    there are tons of posts on this. You need to do as suggested and post a very good picture with a well known tv test pattern that people can easily recognize what is and isn't there. Then you can decide on further action like removing tabs.
                    sure i will do tonight, but the lines will be in the exact same spot they are now, just harder to see with a full screen of color....thanks

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
                      can you take some pictures of the tabs in question so we can see what were dealing with thanks
                      i will tonight,thanks

Comment

Ok the forum is big, one have to accept that some shit man come once every lot... with your poor brain you can only hope to open some tv and find the right day to change the right board, you're too stupidfor me and i never come more to this thread apart to celebrate your unsuccess (maybe it explodes to your face).
                        Last edited by Davi.p; 10-19-2017, 03:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
                          Ok the forum is big, one have to accept that some shit man come once every lot... with your poor brain you can only hope to open some tv and find the right day to change the right board, you're too stupidfor me and i never come to this thread apart to celebrate your insuccess.
                          vaffanculo

stop replying in this thread, you are useless
                          Last edited by jb.; 10-19-2017, 03:13 PM.

Comment

With the bezel off I can't change anything touching the tabs, only when the bezel is on when I give pressure near the tabs on both sides do the lines go away
                            Attached Files

Comment

*double posted

Comment

With the bezel off I can't change anything touching the tabs, only when the bezel is on when I give pressure near the tabs on both sides do the lines go away
                                Weird indeed. So pushing on tabs at the glass edge does nothing, ok try this, you see the shiny mirror elongated ic's on those tabs? put something non conductive under those ic's like a rubber drawer bumper or wood even for this test and apply pressure carefully on the topside and see if it makes any difference sometimes those ic's will start to detach from the printed circuit. Pressure on ic like a sandwich.
                                Last edited by heavymachines; 10-19-2017, 05:37 PM.

Comment

The shiny part not touching the glass loses the picture, with finger pressure no bezel, touching the glass brings back the picture, but doesn't affect the lines... I was hoping a simple shim work around, but it's puzzling for sure... On the inside of the bezel is what looks like metal tape all the way around, does that need to be in contact with tabs? Is it possible when pushing on bezel and the tape makes contact it fixes the issue?

Comment

ok don't think we're on same page, i'll see if i can find some examples online.

Comment

Originally posted by heavymachines View Post
                                      ok don't think we're on same page, i'll see if i can find some examples online.
                                      In the middle picture is that oval you see in the tab what you are referring to?

Comment

I can't find the exact video of the fix been few years buried on youtube somewhere however you can try to do this on every tab in the general area of the lines on screen and you can do this while tv is running. instructions on edited picture.
                                        Attached Files

Comment

your problem is that you need to isolate which side is the issue. At the bottom of the set, the edge boards are "interconnected" with clampable flex cables. Look along each side of the bottom and disconnect the flex cable clamp / cable at that point. Does the remaining picture clear up? Repeat the "test" on the opposite bottom "half".... any difference? Go from there.
                                          PS. you still didn't follow my suggestion of putting up a known test pattern. :-(
                                          Last edited by budwich; 10-19-2017, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X