This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello, just saying hi for the first time. Have a Vizio M70-C3 that I'm trying to repair

Comment

Hello, My name is Guy and I'm a newb. Live in BC Canada and not really heavily into electronics but I am into RC planes and cars. Recently purchased a T12 soldering station and have a few questions and thought this might be a good place to ask. For a living I am a tool repair technician with some aircraft strucures background as well.

Comment

looking for assistance with my Panasonic plasma troubleshooting. I have been in telecommunications a long time, trained in component level repair, but was reduced to a card "jockey", then switches became software, ho hum.
        I figured I should dust off my skills to save my TV and my wallet.

Comment

Hi all! i'm tH0Rin from spain, a computer technician learning in component level in laptops.

Comment

I wish you all a warm welcome.
            i registered because i have a problem with my tv

my name is Marko and I come from Slovenia

I own a TV Sharp Aquos LC-60LE635E

Comment

Hello my names is Pawel 28 years old from Poland i live in UK about 9 years now i join here for help with my samsung ps50c490 plasma. This tv is magic really trust me i replace all part from inside YSUS,XSUS etc. still clicking only hahah. Best day for all;-)

Comment

Good morning everyone. Looking forward to seeing you guys around on the forum!

Comment

Hi to all! I have some experience with old hardware from back in the early 90s with 286, 386 and so on. Now, just fixing (sometimes) and collecting them. However the Roland synthesizers are used by my son who's into learning various instruments, electronic and no-electronic, less on games.
                  Revived some old hardware, a ZX Spectrum clone, 8088 clone, fixing an old XT keyboard, recapping a graphics card... Just hobby stuff.

Comment

Cheers.

Comment

HI, I have been working with computers for 25 years now. I have 2 degrees as a programmer analyst but have since gotten into SMD repair. I have been troubleshooting computers in one way or another since I bought my first computer and will not stop. I also work with servers, switches, and other networking equipment. I do own a small computer repair and electronics recycling company.

Comment

Hi everybody!

I wish i could exchange my knowledge with everybody here...

Comment

I'm new

Hello everyone. By searching some schematics I found this page. I'm working on repairing laptops for 10 years and I've found it very useful to be part of such a community.

Comment

Hello. I just made my account for the specific motherboard schematics. I am able to find it.
                            Thanks.

Comment

Hi All,
                              I'm Dave from South Wales UK.
                              Started TV repair about 6 months ago, background in electronics.
                              This site is a great resource. I've just been replacing faulty parts up until now but want to do more board level repair.

Comment

Originally posted by petabyte View Post
                                As this is a brand new forum, I thought I'd open up a thread to encourage new members to introduce themselves a bit.. now hey.. let's not get too personal.. ok ?

And if you wouldn't mind to keep this thread "clean" let's try to keep the the chitchat (i.e. even the welcome to the board replies) to a minimum or this thread may get to 100 pages fast

So I'll start things off :

My name is petabyte and I'm a forum junkie. :oops: I've been off the wagon for a number of years and countless times I've tried to stop but it's useless.. I need to feed my learning addiction.. :!:

Now just a bit about me.. I'm a fairly secretive guy in terms of privacy on the net.. especially when the things you write are visable to anyone with a net connection. But I love to share the info and knowledge I have, so that's why I'm here, to share and learn.

my formal education is that of an electronic engineer and I held a field service position with a firm for over 20 years.. that job is gone now along with company car and laptop <cry> oh well..
                                So needless to say (but i will) I've always tinkered with things.. yes, a hacker.. (too bad that term lost it's orignal meaning) a hardware hacker mostly.. hacking fixes in whatever I find that breaks.. (except for cars, I have friends for that) I got started a little late into the computers, my first box was an ibm pc-xt with a whopping 10meg HD,blazing fast 4.66mhz 8086 processor, 640k mem running dos 3.3.. man was I cool back then.. :roll: nevermind..

so these days, I'm forced to be a software guy as well.. as I fix pc's for friends and that usually means cleaning virus/trojan/adware and reinstalling OS's.. yeah hardware breaks but not that often :cry: so as a result, I keep up on my software knowledge by visting a few security forums.. and trolling around a few hardware forums as well.

now I found this place from a thread at motherboards.org/forums
                                where I've been hanging out lately.. it's a nice friendly place with some pretty smart people.. mostly, of course, it's about mobo's.. So this person mentioned badcaps.net and I recalled reading articles a year or so ago about the faulty caps and was curious as to what you guys were up to.. and I said "w00t.. they have a forum"..

and so now.. you're stuck with me :P

so what's your story ? come on.. give it up..
                                I am Shahryar. A mechanical engineer by profession. But I am interested in electronics so for my knowledge and fun, I am doing repair and experiments on several scrap laptops I buy here in the Dubai scrap market. I have very less to share but yes I am not totally dumb
                                ha ha ha

Comment

Hi, I'm Jim. I am a retired electronics engineer in the UK and now I just fix things for fun. :-)

Comment

Hi.
                                    I'm Yancula.
                                    Electrical engineer. R&D and HW Design.

Comment

Greetings!

I'm a Windows sysadmin with 20+ years experience. I like long walks on the beach and dogs. I've floated around the sf bay area and pacific nw for the past 15 or so. I don't like pesky forgotten BIOS passwords, and that's why I'm here.

Cheers,
                                      haftahaggle

Comment

Hey all!

The name's Rob. I'm bit of a tech head, but not to the point I solder haha. I can generally fix most pc issues but when certain things change there's often no way around it except to ask more knowledgeable people

Oh I'm from the UK, work in a pawnbrokers, love portrait & fashion photography as well as photoshop, gaming and anything gadget/tech related

Catch ya'll on the forum (Y)

Comment

Hello from Zimbabwe

Comment

Working...
                                          X