This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

I've always been interested in how things work. When I was a kid, people would give me their broken stuff and I'd take it apart to see what was inside. I was especially fascinated by electronics. How could all those tiny parts with wires sticking out of them make a radio or TV?

Fast Forward to 2020, I'm the author of the Electronics Repair Cookbook: Save Time and Money by Fixing Electronics Yourself. I hope readers will check it out at Amazon.com

Mark Rumreich

Comment

Thanks for letting me join this forum!

Comment

Im Xarnithor, i'm currently working in IT and do dabble in motherboard repair during my free time. I'm currently a sophomore in college and i'm planning on getting a major in Electrical Engineering.
        I had no idea a community like this existed in this day and age and i'm ecstatic to be a part of it, or at least lurk here.

Comment

Hi, I'm Tom from Oxfordshire in UK. I'm new here and interested in all sorts of tech problems. This is a great place to find tech info about laptops and other electronics. I hope I can learn a lot from our fellow members.

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hello! I have been an electronics technician for quite some time and I am surprised that I didn't know about this community before!

Comment

I am professional spi flash chip erasser. If you need me to delete something permanently I am the guy to go to.
                I mostly use specialized tools like Shift+Delete but I know other advanced techniques too like throwing "this PC" into recycle bin and unplugging case while mid-boot.
                I charge low rates too, drop me a message and you shall be served promptly.
                I am professional spi flash chip eraser. If you need me to delete something permanently I am the guy to go to.
                I mostly use specialized tools like Shift+Delete but I know other advanced techniques too like throwing "this PC" into recycle bin and unplugging case while mid-boot.
                Will charge low rates of a round zero, drop me a message and you shall be served promptly.

Comment

Hello! I found this website in my adventure of trying to find a BIOS Mod for my ProDesk 600 G2 Mini! I am trying to use an NVMe adapter -> PCIe so I can eGPU my rig.

Comment

Hello, I am an electronic physicist with more than 15 years of experience. Now Im trying to be more practical then theoretical so i decided to join community of great masters
                    repairing helping is my hobby so it will be nice place to start from
                    a lots of love and support for all.

Comment

Hi guys
                      I started off with ZX81 back in the day, when someone had managed to make a chess program in 1K of memory! Nevertheless we upgraded to the 16K memory pack and life was golden. Next was the ZX Spectrum and I also started to learn about the ins-and-outs of the Zilog Z80 tinkering with the assembly language. The other team were the 6502 squad with their Commodore 64 and (I think) BBC micro. Boo! down with RISC computers they are for the baddies!
                      40 years later and Im still a geek - great to read all of the other stories here. its nice to know Im in good company!

Comment

Hello everyone

Self learning 27 year old technician from Ukraine and now working in Germany.

Many years of working with hardware and software, and i fix e-bikes also, rebuilding batteries, building new bicycles. My life is combining with electronics ) Now i`m fifxing mobile phones and laptops in small repair shop. I feel confident, and i am looking forward to joining this new exciting world. :-)

Thank you

Comment

Hi All :-)
                          My name is Piotr and i'm living in Poland. I'm 36 years now and since couple of years i'm interested in servicing of electronics devices like laptops, phones and tablets.

Today i found this forum thanks of my new toy - Surface Pro 3 (1631) with locked bios ;-)

Once again - welcome all of you anf have a good day (or nigtht - depending of time zone :-D)

Comment

Hello guys, I just decided to join your lovely forums.

My electronic skills

Comment

Long time electronics hobbyist. Hoping to find some answers here about re-capping motherboards. I'd like to learn more about ESR, poly caps vs. electrolytic caps, etc.

Fan of PCs, Amigas, Commodores, etc.

Thanks to everyone who's contributed to this site. It's a great source of info.

Comment

Hello everyone! Firstly, I'm not new to BADCAPS. I visited back in 2011, but forgot to register. Also, as my handle may imply (NeoTech) I'm not a new (neo), I am a tech (since '76) and a Manufacturing Engineer (last 31 years) in electronic assembly, specifically board manufacturing. I'm retired now, but still have the itch to fix, build and learn. Same as you! Some mention their computer experience and it is very impressive. I too have Commodores, XT's/'86, Macs, and Radio Shack CoCo2 all in the basement. If anyone has figured out why we hold on to these relics, let me know. BTW, my first "computer" experience was back in '59 (yes, 1959) when my Grandma gave me an abacus, which she taught me to use. Lost it along the way. I basically stopped by to see if anyone has access to HP Spectre x360 15 board schematics and drawings. USB-C power port sizzled and the ac brick also toasted. I'm going to give it a go before sending it out for repair. I'll post the request in the appropriate forum. Gonna go throw a log on the fire. Cold here in NY. Stay safe!

Comment

Hello everyone!
                                  I use to do electronics repairs for a living, years ago. Now my passion for repairs and micro soldering has been rekindled and I'm trying to shake the rust off and catch up.

Comment

Hello, my name is Graham and I am interested in electronics.

I have converted my garage into a workshop and have slowly built up quite a good amount of equipment and tools.

Thank you for allowing me to join your forum.

Comment

Hello. I'm here looking for part identification to repair a Powerleap CPU adapter.

Comment

I was told i can say hello to all here.
                                        So...Hello.

Comment

Hello from spain, i´m a computer and electronic technical , I hope I can help others and learn with you.

Comment

Working...
                                          X