This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey. Just posting so that I can start a thread.

Comment

Hi!

I am new on the forum. I came to introduce myself!
      I am 19 years old. Passion for electronics and it.
      Recently i started Surface mount Soldering.
      Since then i need some help with schematics and bios files.

I then arrived on Badcaps.net i really like it here and i hope i will be on my place here.

Comment

Hi all,
        I’ve just joined this forum and am hoping to deepen my knowledge here.
        Thanks ��

Comment

Starting out in electronics repair and looking for some knoledge, assistance in many questions on the way.

Comment

Hello, my name is Javier and I am from Ecuador, I am new here and I find a community great where we help each other

Comment

Hi all,
              I've just joined this forum and am hoping to deepen my knowledge here.
              Thanks

Comment

yo what up cats got a damaged pc and am trying to get help. im from flordia and love playing pc

Comment

hi

Comment

Hi guys! i'm from the netherlands! Hope to find a lot of usefull info here! As far as i can see now this is a great community! Probs for the ones that build this and moderating it! tnx!

Comment

Hi
                      A retired signal engineer from BR days. I started working life as a TV technician apprentice with a small TV company. Spent some years 'playing' with electronics and early computers ZX80/ZX81/Spectrum. Very good stuff. I see Sinclair was mentioned on Andrew Marr's 'Elizabethans' - totally agree an inspiration for many young engineers many not so young now.

Comment

Hi guys!
                        I like to learn more about repairing stuff, the next challange for me will be a defect SMPS from an iMac 2009.
                        Found this place by googleing around and found some nice tipps here already! THX!

Comment

Hi,*
                          I am now looking for this one Board view of a graphics card almost one year and I cannot find it anywhere on the Internet. That's why I registered myself. I hope to find anything I need in this forum

Comment

Hi.
                            I'm a middle aged guy who likes to tinker with electronics.
                            Hope I can help some people out while being here.

Comment

Hello guys.
                              My name is Antonio and I am from Alicante Spain.
                              I came to this forum by chance, looking for information to repair my laptop.
                              I am quite crafty in repairing all kinds of machinery and although I do not have many notions of electronics I want to learn, and I think that this forum is a good place to start and ask for help.
                              thank you all.

Comment

I am glad to be here, I like tinkering any electronic. Mostly the hardware side.
                                I found this place when I was searching for macbook a1534 schematic.
                                Hope to have some fun here as well as learn more about electronics skills.

Comment

Hi all, I was a somewhat competent tech 30 years ago ...

Comment

Good Morning everyone

First time on a site like this,

Comment

Hi Im from Ecuador.
                                      I learn about repair computer on internet... I can not speak well the english but i can read and understand 75 per cent good.
                                      I need learn more. Please help me with that. I need that for be more on this life.
                                      Thank U.

Comment

I have recently picked up a soldering Iron again to attempt to repair electronics, something which I haven't done for many a year.

When I was a kid, I used to make small electronics projects, things like basic radios or simple circuits using 555 timer chips or Darlington pairs

When the UK locked down earlier on this year, I decided that I needed a hobby (I had built a big shed in the garden over the previous winter, and had just installed power, heat and light).

I decided that I would buy a knackered laptop and attempt to fix it. £20 later I was the proud owner of a Fujitsu with a hole burnt through the motherboard by a blown capacitor.

Lacking the required tech to repair the motherboard, I eventually obtained a replacement and got the laptop working, that spurred me on to spend a few hundred quid on Aliexpress buying a trinocular scope / camera / hot air station / soldering iron / power supply.

I am amazed at the miniaturization of components. Technology has come a long way in such a short time. The use of IC's to regulate voltage is also new to me. Buck converters are something I've only just learned about, I'm pretty sure they've only hit the mainstream since I last meddled?

I see software as some sort of dark art, and I wouldn't know where to start repairing a computer which had a software / bios issue. I'd probably try and wipe the machine and start again. I'm more interested in trying to sort a hardware issue.

I've recently soldered a CMI Zapper into a 17" Macbook to sort the notorious GPU fault, and an A1502 arrived this morning which wont switch on, but gives an orange charge light.

Repairing PC's / Laptops and Mac's is not what I intend to do professionally. It's just something I like to do to get away into my shed for a few hours every now and again.

Comment

Hi Everyone! New member here. Getting back to tinkering with electronics after 20 years break I missed it, but have a lot to learn. No more through the hole components / transistors that you can see with bare eye and hold with bare hands lol. And my vision is not getting any better as well. Hope to learn here and contribute my knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                                          X