Samsung un60eh6003f horizontal lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samsung un60eh6003f horizontal lines

I've got this 60 inch Samsung here with some vertical lines in the screen... We moved it and the lines showed up, I have it open but all ribbon cables look good, if I unplug the video board ribbon cable and leave the backlight board on, the screen is lit and lines are gone... If I do the opposite, and shine a light on the screen I can see the video with the lines.. I added a picture, any ideas?
    Attached Files

Re: Samsung un60eh6003f horizontal lines

Possible tab bond problem looks like to me. You tried reseating all the ribbons from the t-con right? as well as the connectors on the tab bond boards the connectors coming from the t-con the long skinny boards? if you twist the casing little bit does the lines come and go?

Comment

So I've had some weird results which I don't like, working on this bugger is a pain with no help hahaha, so with everything apart, and metal plate over the board that runs to the skinny boards.. When I powered up the lines were gone... So I started to put the plastic back on so u could get the base on, and the lines are back... So if it's what you say, I have to figure a way to make the connection solid enough it can't move.

Comment

It is the plastic cover that pulls on the panel OR on the mainboard. I have read that somewhere before....
        What happens when you push on the mainboard without the backcover?

Watch out with any work on the panel itself though...once the ribbon cable ( Tabbonding ) is loose you can throw away the tv.
        Youtube for tabbonding repair. Norcal75 has a video about your issue... ( vertical and horizontal
        I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

Photograph is too poor to understand!! Need some video source put in.

Comment

Originally posted by Davi.p View Post
            Photograph is too poor to understand!! Need some video source put in.
            That picture is pretty damn clear lol, red lines on left, blue on the right lol

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
              It is the plastic cover that pulls on the panel OR on the mainboard. I have read that somewhere before....
              What happens when you push on the mainboard without the backcover?

Watch out with any work on the panel itself though...once the ribbon cable ( Tabbonding ) is loose you can throw away the tv.
              Youtube for tabbonding repair. Norcal75 has a video about your issue... ( vertical and horizontal
              I'm leaning toward the plastic cover, pushing on mainboard doesn't change anything, only when I'm buttoning plastic up.. When I get back to the garage tonight I'll see what I can find

Comment

Well, bit of an update, so if I grab the tv about 1/4 ways from the top on both sides and slightly twist the tv, the lines go away... Guess I'm taking more apart

Comment

All tab bonds to screen look fine, pressure on any of them doesn't change the outcome, only when twisting the tv from close to the top, on the right side when facing the front do the lines go away... Weird

Comment

Ok, sorry for all the posts... It's not a twisting motion, but if I push the plastic frame on both sides on either side of the lines, it goes away, once I let go it comes back... There is a small tab that hangs off the screen on either side, but they don't connect to anything... What do they do,? And why does pressure fix my line problems? Thanks

Comment

Side tabs drivers, they can go bad as well as the bond to the glass goes to hell. try rubbing your fingers along the edge of ribbon that is connected to the glass.

Theoretically that would make perfect sense as the tabs get stiff with age and heat when you moved the tv apparently had enough twist or flex to break the bond to the glass. I remember few years ago on here many samsungs would have problems with top tab bonds due to wall mounting and flimsy internal brackets would cause the tabs go bad due to weight and sag and the sets that sat on their base would be unaffected of the same model.

Also i could be wrong but i am certain top tab bonds caused vertical lines or double image slo mo blur with dark spots sometimes and side tabs can cause horizontal lines, making it somewhat tricky to tell bad panel or t-con. There are far more knowledgeable folks can put a second opinion on this.
                      Last edited by heavymachines; 10-18-2017, 11:11 PM.

Comment

"That picture is pretty damn clear lol, red lines on left, blue on the right lol"

Are you a lcd expert? What the hell you laugh? It's not simply "red on left blue on right.." ..Poor..

"I remember few years ago on here many samsungs would have problems with top tab bonds due to wall mounting"
                        Interesting, are you sure? Top side edge bonds or top edge side bonds?

Comment

I agree with Davi.P. It is not a clear picture of the fault. Just looking at that picture it is just a 1 vertical band that has gone wrong. So your having a panel problem. The gate drivers in the LCD panel have failed OR the side tab drivers failed.

You need to figure out which side is causing the issue , left or right. As someone already said , rubb with your fingers on the side tabs...if you notice any difference on the tabs then remove all side tab drivers on that side.

This is not a fix that will last forever. The side tabs on the other side will have to do double as much work.
                          I only repair Panasonic plasma tv's! Currently owning a TX-P55VT50 and still searching for a ZT60!

Comment

"That picture is pretty damn clear lol, red lines on left, blue on the right lol"

Are you a lcd expert? What the hell you laugh? It's not simply "red on left blue on right.." ..Poor..

"I remember few years ago on here many samsungs would have problems with top tab bonds due to wall mounting"
                            Interesting, are you sure? Top side edge bonds or top edge side bonds?
                            Reading comprehension is important. Clearly stated top tabs. Also can see the defect in his picture just fine it is right between the input selection dialog and no signal dialog.
                            Last edited by heavymachines; 10-19-2017, 06:28 AM.

Comment

True , but it would be more visible with some input on the screen like a movie.

Still panel failure.

Comment

"Also can see the defect in his picture just fine it is right between the input selection dialog and no signal dialog." I see that, but it can be not all the defect, generally no source examples are not enough... anyway i don't spend any more time with one that laughs for nothing..

Comment

"Also can see the defect in his picture just fine it is right between the input selection dialog and no signal dialog." I see that, but it can be not all the defect, generally no source examples are not enough... anyway i don't spend any more time with one that laughs for nothing..
                                  hahahahahah hows that? geeze lighten up man...and no i am not an lcd expert,(its actually an led) but as others have said, its pretty clear in the picture....had i put a movie on, it would be harder to see then it would in contrast to the black background....clearly you are too ornary to help, so please move along
                                  Last edited by jb.; 10-19-2017, 08:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moreno83 View Post
                                    I agree with Davi.P. It is not a clear picture of the fault. Just looking at that picture it is just a 1 vertical band that has gone wrong. So your having a panel problem. The gate drivers in the LCD panel have failed OR the side tab drivers failed.

You need to figure out which side is causing the issue , left or right. As someone already said , rubb with your fingers on the side tabs...if you notice any difference on the tabs then remove all side tab drivers on that side.

This is not a fix that will last forever. The side tabs on the other side will have to do double as much work.
                                    it seems to be both ..if i push frame in on 1 side or the other, not much happens, but if i push both at the same time, it goes away

Comment

Do you have it laying on it's back with both front plastic bezels and metal frame removed to expose the tab connections on glass?

Comment

yes i did yesterday, but have since clipped the frame back on...the tabs just hang off the panel, look no different than the other side tabs that i can see, will have to get out a loop to look more closely though

edit, only the plastic bezel needs to be removed to expose the glass and tabs.
                                        Last edited by jb.; 10-19-2017, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                        X