Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Samsung UN55KS800DFXZA Ver. AA02 with the seemingly common power cycling problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Samsung UN55KS800DFXZA Ver. AA02 with the seemingly common power cycling problem

I can never remember, are these the ones that you have to do, I think it's called bypass start after so many bad starts, when you get the fail count voltage at 3.3 instead of 0? But it didn't seem like they were samsungs tho.
    Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-09-2020, 07:24 PM.

Comment

Re: Samsung UN55KS800DFXZA Ver. AA02 with the seemingly common power cycling problem

Private message sent.

Comment

Well no luck, my fire extinguisher is not the CO2 type.

Comment

Looks like you have the same dilema that I do, would have to remove the bga heatsink to replace the nand.

Comment

My heat sink is held on by push pins and the thermal conductor is non-adhesive so mine is easy to remove. The flash chip is also exposed with a cutout in the heat sink so I can freeze it w/o removing the heat sink.

If you thermal conductor is an adhesive, you might be able to remove it by using a hair dryer to soften it up first.

Comment

Mine is stuck on good, tried a little side to side twisting but stopped still hoping that I could somehow freeze it first, all I need is the dry ice from 2 seconds of a CO2 fire extinguisher sprayed into a pillow case.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                Mine is stuck on good, tried a little side to side twisting but stopped still hoping that I could somehow freeze it first, all I need is the dry ice from 2 seconds of a CO2 fire extinguisher sprayed into a pillow case.

good DIY. it may yours NAND became 4 pieces

i know diif will be against freezing the MB. but if you wet the NAND and spi and CPU with yours finger then roll it straight with kitchen aluminum sheet and freeze it will do the job too.. no much component effected with freeze at this shit sammy. YOU OR SAMMY MB.. who will win ??!!
                Last edited by Diah; 10-10-2020, 02:16 PM.

Comment

Comment

I'm with ya Diah, I'm puttin that biotch in the deep freeze for 3 hours at least.
                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-10-2020, 02:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                      I'm with ya Diah, I'm puttin that biotch in the deep freeze for 3 hours at least.
                      wish you huge WIN against this biotch

Comment

Lol, thanks, I put a small piece of ice on it, cuz it's under the heatsink or I would have put a BLOCK of ice on it, shot the hell out of it with some duster to make it stick and shoved it it the freezer...If this don't kill it, I'm gunna try poison next.
                        Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-10-2020, 03:11 PM.

Comment

not bad ... you should clear here big win even if used hydrogen for freezing lol
                          LETS WIN SAMMY

Comment

I thought about stoppin in at the fire station with a pillow case and sayin fillerup... but they might have called the white coats on me, to take me away to the funnyfarm.
                            Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-10-2020, 03:19 PM.

Comment

I took apart the bottom of the panel to expose the drivers and didn't see any burnt spots or any chaffed or crimped cables. Everything tells me that it's on the main board, however, freezing the NAND did nothing. It's possible that I didn't keep it cold long enough so I'll retry it at some point.

Comment

Had mainboard in the freezer for effin 19 hours, hooked it up tried to get to service menu, tried to update thru usb, damn thing would not come on or light up, then after 20 minutes it went right back to 12 on 2 off routine.

Comment

This freezing is a waste of time, the symptom tells about a short circuit not a software problem. If you wanna to follow funny stories of wine drinkers...
                                  The sh.cir. can be on the panel or tcon, it's hard to see, in general if it is on the panel the adapters on tcon part stops working and TV boots up normally and you can hear a tv channel if programmed..
                                  Last edited by Davi.p; 10-11-2020, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Mine won't boot up even when the main board is powered up with nothing else connected to it accept the power button. Backlight is also disconnected.

Comment

I'm inclined to agree with Davi.p that it is likely a short somewhere on the main board.
                                      Plug everything back in how it should be then let it cycle a few times then feel around the main board for warm areas.
                                      Only feel around the Main Board, Not the power supply board.

***DO NOT FEEL AROUND THE POWER SUPPLY BOARD WITH BARE SKIN OR AT ALL***

I felt it needed to be said.
                                      Last edited by Kilroy2k1; 10-11-2020, 04:56 PM. Reason: clarity

Comment

Originally posted by Kilroy2k1 View Post

***DO NOT FEEL AROUND THE POWER SUPPLY BOARD WITH BARE SKIN OR AT ALL***

I felt it needed to be said.
                                        I'm a software hack, but I do know about electricity...

Comment

Nothing unusually warm. Only real warm spots are around the CPU, including the DRAM chips. The highlighted area was a bit warmer than other areas the same distance from the CPU. I used an infra-red thermometer rather than my hand for better accuracy...

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/attach...1&d=1602459643
                                          Attached Files
                                          Last edited by SoftwareHack; 10-11-2020, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                          X