Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP G72 turning off randomly

Hello everyone!

Laptop is a G72-b10sv. Had come again in the past with the common Ati 5470 gpu problem. Did a reflow and last about a year with every day of light use. Because of the simple use needed, i convert the board to UMA, transfering the two resistors(RI55 to RI51 and RI53 to RI56 and clearing the jumper PJ19. Also replace the thermal paste and the thermal pad on HM55.
    Install a new ssd and begun the windows installation from scratch, all went as it should, install everything and after an hour the first turn off occurs.
    After that, it turns off completely randomly, some times not even past the windows screen without turning off, others can stay on for 3 hours, others for some minutes. Trying with other known good ram, replace the cpu with same one (P6100), update the bios to final, temps are excellent. After i suspect the HM55, did a reflow there, but nothing change.

I saw that many others have the same problems with this board (pm_i_hpc_s mv_mb_v3). Its the same for G62(15.6) and G72(17.3) laptops but noone has an answer to what is causing this.

Anyone have an idea what is the root of the problem?

Thanks for your time

Re: HP G72 turning off randomly

Problem solved! Was the ME region on BIOS that need clearing!
    I dont know if i allowed to post an external link but
    i use a tool "Easy Intel Clean Me Region" and "Intel ME Firmware Database"

Comment

The tool has been posted before and its not recommended for newer machines. Congrats on the fix .
      All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Originally posted by Nightwalker View Post
        Problem solved! Was the ME region on BIOS that need clearing!
        I dont know if i allowed to post an external link but
        i use a tool "Easy Intel Clean Me Region" and "Intel ME Firmware Database"
        Sorry to resurrect such an old thread but I'm wondering if this may be my issue with a GL703GM. Do you have to program the bios IC directly or can you use the ez flash tool in the bios? I know the update on Asus website doesn't include the ME region so wasn't sure if their tools can even flash to it.

Comment

Working...
        X