HiSense 50CU6000 screen goes black after a few seconds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HiSense 50CU6000 screen goes black after a few seconds

You can turn it on and it will boot up and after a few seconds the screen goes black but the backlight stays on and there's still sound. It will display picture briefly before it goes out.

Here it is coming on without a video source, there are some lines and tracers.
    https://streamable.com/css91z

Here it is with a video source, no lines or anything.
    https://streamable.com/y79wte

I'm also wondering if this transformer should have voltage going through that outer frame part in the picture, this was measured using hot ground.
    Attached Files

Re: HiSense 50CU6000 screen goes black after a few seconds

Just wanted to add vgh starts at 21.9v then drops to 21.5v and then 0.3v when it happens, the 12v pin on tcon reads 11.9v.

Comment

I've isolated the problem to the tcon, plugging it back in with the tv on it runs for the same 8-10 seconds then dies.

Comment

I wouldn't rule out the mainboard as the culprit.

Comment

Try unplug tv, unhook cable from mainboard to tcon, plug power cord back in, turn tv on, see if you have the red led lit up at the optical audio output on mainboard and if it stays on.
          Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-26-2021, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
            Try unplug tv, unhook cable from mainboard to tcon, plug power cord back in, turn tv on, see if you have the red led lit up at the optical audio output on mainboard and if it stays on.
            The light comes on then goes out.

Comment

could you show us the whole back of the set boards??

the easy way to know why it goes black by trace the live log of the main boards via the service jack.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                could you show us the whole back of the set boards??

the easy way to know why it goes black by trace the live log of the main boards via the service jack.
                Here's the main board do you need pics of the other boards?
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by MikeRWK View Post
                  Here's the main board do you need pics of the other boards?
                  you have on the main boards between the USB & HDMI 2 audio jack one of them are service jack .. can be used with any TTL serial with pc and terminal to read the log while the set booting as well the issue when it turn the screen off.

if you are familiar with terminal and Linux platform i think you know what i am talking on.

by the way... what will happen if you feed it with signal and disconnect one ribbon at atime between panel & t-con did the issue remain
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by Diah; 01-26-2021, 12:35 PM.

Comment

you have on the main boards between the USB & HDMI 2 audio jack one of them are service jack .. can be used with any TTL serial with pc and terminal to read the log while the set booting as well the issue when it turn the screen off.

if you are familiar with terminal and Linux platform i think you know what i am talking on.
                    I know what you're talking about but I have no experience with using terminal to do anything like this. What's a good linux distro I can boot from a usb drive to do this?

Comment

I know what you're talking about but I have no experience with using terminal to do anything like this. What's a good linux distro I can boot from a usb drive to do this?
                      then download this firmware extract and flash it via usb formated fat32 .. press ok or power on the RC while you plug in the tv at wall socket

Comment

by the way... what will happen if you feed it with signal and disconnect one ribbon at atime between panel & t-con did the issue remain
                        With the left tcon cable unplugged (right side of the screen when looking at it) the tv works and doesnt shut off.
                        Attached Files

Comment

The light comes on then goes out.
                          Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-26-2021, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Man ...i asked you to feed signal.. we want to see when there are signal load on the t-con and panel.... also you need to do same way disconnect the other side

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                              LOL..

its issue that t-con cant handle 2 channel signal... 99% firmware need to re flash.... and the reset 1% T-con HW fault

Comment

^Yep, I posted right before he said he got it to stay on after tcon disconnect.

Comment

Man ...i asked you to feed signal.. we want to see when there are signal load on the t-con and panel.... also you need to do same way disconnect the other side
                                  Sorry I missed that part. The tv will work with only one cable plugged into the tcon, either side works. There is also a horizontal line on one side that I've taken a pic of, the tv's menu items and stuff have lines coming from them.
                                  Attached Files

Comment

+1, what is the result?

Comment

Sorry I missed that part. The tv will work with only one cable plugged into the tcon, either side works. There is also a horizontal line on one side that I've taken a pic of, the tv's menu items and stuff have lines coming from them.
                                      you need to do exact point after point with out signal.

1- you need screw the t_CON to chassis al least 2 screw 1 at each side
                                      2- disconnect only the ribbon as you did first time ( the left front side should display picture and other side will be white.... so you can see the menu setting when you call it )
                                      3- call the menu setting and go down to audio setting you need to inter service menu 1-9-6-9
                                      under first page there are some things clear chip ... if you are not sure.. upload photo to tell you which need to initial the chip ( hard reset ) the set will go standby... plug it from wall socket and put the ribbon back then plug in and start the set... tell the result

Comment

you need to do exact point after point with out signal.

1- you need screw the t_CON to chassis al least 2 screw 1 at each side
                                        2- disconnect only the ribbon as you did first time ( the left front side should display picture and other side will be white.... so you can see the menu setting when you call it )
                                        3- call the menu setting and go down to audio setting you need to inter service menu 1-9-6-9
                                        under first page there are some things clear chip ... if you are not sure.. upload photo to tell you which need to initial the chip ( hard reset ) the set will go standby... plug it from wall socket and put the ribbon back then plug in and start the set... tell the result
                                        I can't see the menu now I'm only getting a quarter of the screen on that side. I didn't notice before I didnt have the tcon screwed down and it lost ground, did I damage something?

Comment

Working...
                                        X