SONY KDL 43w805c does not accept commands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SONY KDL 43w805c does not accept commands

OK, guys. I did not have to time to play with this board in the last days but i bought one 43w807c with faulty TCON board. I had one spare and swaped it and it is working now. But i took its main board and put in that 43w805c and it was working fine. So, defenetly the problem is with the mainboard. I am a bit worried to cook that MainBoard, Diah, thinking about the plastic parts on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dobsuk View Post
      OK, guys. I did not have to time to play with this board in the last days but i bought one 43w807c with faulty TCON board. I had one spare and swaped it and it is working now. But i took its main board and put in that 43w805c and it was working fine. So, defenetly the problem is with the mainboard. I am a bit worried to cook that MainBoard, Diah, thinking about the plastic parts on it.
      we know the issue BGA on mainboards ...also i am always against the cooking method.. so my suggestion always hot air or infrared heating source to users lack with equipment's and rework BGA ball for SMT Chip.

so you need self to choice which source you can applying heat to the chip from the top side with temperature ca 280 degree for not less than 6 seconds.

Comment

OK. I will go for the heat gun again.

Comment

Diahs been smoking way too much man still to this day........
          Please Do Not PM My Page Asking For Help Badcaps Is The Place For Advise, Page Linked For Business Reasons Only. Anyone Doing So Will Be Banned Instantly !

https://www.facebook.com/Telford-Tel...7894576335359/

Comment

Originally posted by ReeceyBurger123 View Post
            Diahs been smoking way too much man still to this day........
            If the demons came, the angels should flee LOL
            Last edited by Diah; 01-20-2021, 03:53 PM.

Comment

OK, guys. I tried few more times with the heat gun for different time but still nothing I think i am gonna burn this chip if i keep the gun for longer.....
              What if i leave it to work without the heat sink for longer? Just to overheat it on itself?
              Last edited by Dobsuk; 01-22-2021, 06:58 AM.

Comment

I think that i tottaly fucked up that board after the last heating

It looks i will have to lookiing for new one and now the queston is can i use the same board model even it is from TV with different sceen size?

This is the cheapest option which i found, the same board model but accordin the descripriong is from KDL-65W855C.
                Attached Files

Comment

I think that i tottaly fucked up that board after the last heating

It looks i will have to lookiing for new one and now the queston is can i use the same board model even it is from TV with different sceen size?

This is the cheapest option which i found, the same board model but accordin the descripriong is from KDL-65W855C.
                  still not fucked lol
                  why dont use cheap way to buy Liquid Soldering Flux for example RF800 its less 3$ and push it around the chip with cool air to go on all pins then heat it once? you can see many video online.

Comment

These may be compatible models, check the sticker numbers NOT the board numbers of any possible candidates:

KDL-43W756C, KDL-50W755C, KDL-55W809C, KDL-43W805C, KDL-43W808C
                    Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-24-2021, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Diah View Post
                      still not fucked lol
                      why dont use cheap way to buy Liquid Soldering Flux for example RF800 its less 3$ and push it around the chip with cool air to go on all pins then heat it once? you can see many video online.
                      Oh mate. Thank you for your patience First of all i do not have cool air. But could you share me some youtube video with the exact procedure i need to do? Thank you.

Comment

Oh mate. Thank you for your patience First of all i do not have cool air. But could you share me some youtube video with the exact procedure i need to do? Thank you.
                        the flux like water.. you try to let it reach all joint points under the chip. cool air i mean like hair dryer at cool step just we use the air pressure to let the liquid go further deep under the chip... then you heat it very well one time as you did before..

i am sure here many good users from UK will help you by where and what to buy and how to use as they used it before over this forum
                        Last edited by Diah; 01-25-2021, 08:54 AM.

Comment

the flux like water.. you try to let it reach all joint points under the chip. cool air i mean like hair dryer at cool step just we use the air pressure to let the liquid go further deep under the chip... then you heat it very well one time as you did before..

i am sure here many good users from UK will help you by where and what to buy and how to use as they used it before over this forum
                          Do you think it is still software issue mate? Watching the photos i think some resistor or something is fucked now arround the chip.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                            These may be compatible models, check the sticker numbers NOT the board numbers of any possible candidates:

KDL-43W756C, KDL-50W755C, KDL-55W809C, KDL-43W805C, KDL-43W808C
                            There is no sticker on my board

Comment

Do you think it is still software issue mate? Watching the photos i think some resistor or something is fucked now arround the chip.
                              it sound you know there are some SMD parts fly out round the chips..LOL

good you did picture before at yours post #26 to compare

Comment

if there no parts fly out...
                                my last advice before you go to buy main boards.. be brave and head up forward your kitchen LOL .. heat your oven and let one flat oven plate at the middle.. and preheat the oven to 275 ( dont use air option. just the top and down heater ) after it reach the temperature place the boards on the plate ( put heavy weight on the chips so all joint point to be sure have contact to the base ) close the door.. wait 10 minutes then just turnoff the oven and open the door leave it on the plate dont move it until cooling down
                                Last edited by Diah; 01-25-2021, 11:04 AM.

Comment

if there no parts fly out...
                                  my last advice before you go to buy main boards.. be brave and head up forward your kitchen LOL .. heat your oven and let one flat oven plate at the middle.. and preheat the oven to 275 ( dont use air option. just the top and down heater ) after it reach the temperature place the boards on the plate ( put heavy weight on the chips so all joint point to be sure have contact to the base ) close the door.. wait 10 minutes then just turnoff the oven and open the door leave it on the plate dont move it until cooling down
                                  Not sure how to protect the plastic parts?

Comment

Not sure how to protect the plastic parts?
                                    hand made cups from kitchen aluminum foil to cover them

Comment

OK, Diah i coocked the board today and i could not see anything at the first try. Then i preformed hard reset. After that i saw the Sony logo twice and now it looks it stucked on the self diagnostic mode:

Is that mean I've got some success or the main board is totaly fu.ked
                                      Attached Files
                                      Last edited by Dobsuk; 02-05-2021, 10:55 AM.

Comment

still virgin SET LOL
                                        with RC can you put it in standby?

Comment

Nope...neither with the back panel buttons. Only can switch it on with the RC

Comment

Working...
                                          X