Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SSI_400_14A01 Rev0.1 Backlight Inverter, Original or Updated Board?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SSI_400_14A01 Rev0.1 Backlight Inverter, Original or Updated Board?

Hey everyone,

A friend of mine's 40" LCD T.V. needs replacement of the backlight inverter which has the infamous black screen no sound issue. I know ebay has the original units (SSI_400_14A01 Rev0.1) available for purchase but before I do, I was wondering if it would be better to purchase the updated version of the board which is basically the same part no. but instead 'Rev0.2'? I've attached a couple of pictures below of the original (left) and the newer board (right) for comparison. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files

Re: SSI_400_14A01 Rev0.1 Backlight Inverter, Original or Updated Board?

Are you certain that the original board has failed or have one of the CCFL tubes failed due to age?
    Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
      Are you certain that the original board has failed or have one of the CCFL tubes failed due to age?
      To be honest, I've been going off of youtube videos & online research only. I did manage to pull the board and take a look at it and there were what appear to be burn marks on both sides of the board; the bottom has them (brown blemishes) right under the transformers. Various sources stated that you can check if its the inverter by shining a bright light close to the screen in a dark room and if you are still able to see somewhat of an image, its most likely the inverter; I did try out this quick test and did see an image btw. When I turn the t.v. on, I get no sound and a black screen. Can bad CCFL tubes cause these symptoms as well?

Comment

If a single tube fails then it can lead to no backlight. You do say that you can see an image using a bright light so you should have sound as well.

Do the backlights flash very briefly when you turn on the set?

Post pictures of both sides of your existing inverter board.

Have a look at this video
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QTfOy4BUpU

In answer to the original question I would think that Rev 1.0 could be replaced by Rev 2.0 but that's only my thoughs
        Last edited by dick_barton; 01-24-2021, 05:38 AM.
        Willing to help but I'm no expert.

Comment

Originally posted by dick_barton View Post
          If a single tube fails then it can lead to no backlight. You do say that you can see an image using a bright light so you should have sound as well.

Do the backlights flash very briefly when you turn on the set?

Post pictures of both sides of your existing inverter board.

Have a look at this video
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2QTfOy4BUpU

In answer to the original question I would think that Rev 1.0 could be replaced by Rev 2.0 but that's only my thoughs
          I see, I had no idea that one tube failing can cause the black screen issue so thanks for pointing that out. As for the sound, I don't have anything hooked up to it like an antenna or anything like that; what I'll try later is to hook up an external source such as my phone to the t.v. and see if I can hear music through the speakers. I'll post the result as well as some pictures of the board once I do. In reference to the backlights flashing briefly, I saw nothing and I even checked with the room pitch black. Thanks again for the video link & your help I appreciate it! I'll be back later with my findings.

Comment

What is the full model number of tv? should be on the back cover.

Comment

Yep, could be a bad ccfl tube or bad inverter board if you have a multimeter you could do some testing, those inverters fail often, worth a shot to buy one if you can get it reasonably priced. HIGH VOLTAGE WARNING, WHEN POWERED ON THERE CAN BE OVER 1000 VOLTS COMING FROM THE CCFL TUBES, WHICH CAN KILL EASILY.
              Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-24-2021, 08:34 AM.

Comment

To insure a match you need to match up the numbers on the yellow sticker.

Comment

In response to dick_barton's question, I connected my game console to the t.v. and discovered it does have sound. I posted a couple of pictures of the board below but be warned, the quality of my phone's camera is trash but you can see the brown blemishes on the solder joints on the transformers as well as the back of the board.

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
                  What is the full model number of tv? should be on the back cover.
                  The t.v. model no. is: DX-40L261A12 by Dynex.

Yep, could be a bad ccfl tube or bad inverter board if you have a multimeter you could do some testing, those inverters fail often, worth a shot to buy one if you can get it reasonably priced. HIGH VOLTAGE WARNING, WHEN POWERED ON THERE CAN BE OVER 1000 VOLTS COMING FROM THE CCFL TUBES, WHICH CAN KILL EASILY.
                  I do have a multimeter actually, what exactly should I test on the board? I'll definitely be careful and not rush anything as the thought of 1000v zapping through your body is a scary thought!

To insure a match you need to match up the numbers on the yellow sticker.
                  I'll make sure to match the numbers digit by digit; if anything, I'll go for the updated version of the board (Rev0.2)

I really appreciate the help guys, thanks very much! Here are some pictures of the board, sorry about the crappy picture quality!
                  Attached Files

Comment

****EDIT******

I apologize but I had a brain fart with the previous post, the model number for the t.v. is wrong. The correct model number is: DX-40L150A11.

Thanks.

Comment

What's the first six numbers on the yellow sticker?

Comment

What's the first six numbers on the yellow sticker?
                        I found 2 sets: 02098E and INV40N.

Comment

Hard to tell which way to go, it's a 40 inch Dynex, they're wanting 40 or more bucks for them on ebay, seems very high, then the question is will it last very long, there's a repair kit there but it's still 30 bucks but free shipping: http://www.tvrepairkit.info/samsung-...rter-component

Comment

Well these will all work, I don't know why they're wanting so much for them tho: LJ97-02098E, LJ97-02098A, LJ97-02098F, LJ97-02098C, LJ97-02098B

Comment

Hard to tell which way to go, it's a 40 inch Dynex, they're wanting 40 or more bucks for them on ebay, seems very high, then the question is will it last very long, there's a repair kit there but it's still 30 bucks but free shipping: http://www.tvrepairkit.info/samsung-...rter-component
                              It did cross my mind to purchase a repair kit for the board but it looks like alot of intricate work; I mean I'm decent at soldering but if I can take an easier route then why not.

Well these will all work, I don't know why they're wanting so much for them tho: LJ97-02098E, LJ97-02098A, LJ97-02098F, LJ97-02098C, LJ97-02098B
                              I found this one which I'm 99.9% sure will fit but it looks like the seller didn't bother to find what other boards & t.v.'s it will fit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Inverte...MAAOSwqgRZuNpl

Thanks.

Comment

Found one, sent you a private message.

Comment

[QUOTE=TrblShtr;1018420]It did cross my mind to purchase a repair kit for the board but it looks like alot of intricate work; I mean I'm decent at soldering but if I can take an easier route then why not.

I found this one which I'm 99.9% sure will fit but it looks like the seller didn't bother to find what other boards & t.v.'s it will fit: https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Inverte...MAAOSwqgRZuNpl
                                  Ok, it may work, it looks different than the first one, do the first 5 or 6 sticker numbers match? Maybe contact the seller and get more info.
                                  Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-25-2021, 08:08 PM.

Comment

i have spare ones but wrong country .

Comment

Last edited by nomoresonys; 01-25-2021, 08:07 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=nomoresonys;1018423]
                                        Originally posted by TrblShtr View Post
                                        It did cross my mind to purchase a repair kit for the board but it looks like alot of intricate work; I mean I'm decent at soldering but if I can take an easier route then why not.

Ok, it may work, it looks different than the first one, do the first 5 or 6 sticker numbers match?
                                        Its hard to see the sticker numbers on the sellers images so I went ahead and messaged him. That board in particular that looks different is the one I'm seeking info on in this thread. Its labeled as an "upgrade" to the original 14A01 REV0.1 board which looks exactly the same, screw holes and all except for the electronics on the board are obviously different. The reason I'm sure it will work is because I searched part no. LJ97-02098E which is one of the part numbers you listed a couple of posts ago and this updated version also shows up as a replacement.

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
                                        i have spare ones but wrong country .
                                        For a moment there I thought I was set until I saw you were in another country!

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                        X