Windows Movie Maker 2 does not like MPEG files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Windows Movie Maker 2 does not like MPEG files

This is such an annoying glitch! What I do is import my files, try to drag them to the timeline, and then it crashes, before I can even make titles and stuff. Come on Microsoft, you should try to fix that for the few people that still use WMM2 and Windows XP . I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, I am just ranting.

Re: Windows Movie Maker 2 does not like non-proprietary formats

Originally posted by ncovert View Post
    This is such an annoying glitch! What I do is import my files, try to drag them to the timeline, and then it crashes, before I can even make titles and stuff. Come on Microsoft, you should try to fix that for the few people that still use WMM2 and Windows XP . I'm not trying to beat a dead horse, I am just ranting.
    Aww, come on. Micro$haft only cares about the latest DRM/toyputer "OS" otherwise known as Windoze 8. As far as usefullness or utility, they could care less.

Make sure they really are mpeg files, not 'hacks,' such as where the container contains data in conflict with its type.

You're cutting and editing to make DVDs? Or YouBoob "videos?"

http://forum.videohelp.com/threads/3...20#post1992820
    "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
    Originally posted by shango066
    All style and no substance.
    Originally posted by smashstuff30
    guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
    guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

Re: Windows Movie Maker 2 does not like MPEG files

Windows Movie Maker has always sucked. WMM 2 is the most unstable software I have ever seen. Many of its features just crash the program if you try to use them, and it even crashes if you make too many changes without saving the project.

Comment

I've never taken WMM seriously.

It's an ugly holdover from the windows ME days- the fact that it ever works is a coincidental accident.
        "pokemon go... to hell!"

EOL it...
        Originally posted by shango066
        All style and no substance.
        Originally posted by smashstuff30
        guilty,guilty,guilty,guilty!
        guilty of being cheap-made!

Comment

After reading this I attempted to delete it from HDD, but Windows says the folder's in use.

EDIT: Unlocker says winlogon.exe is keeping the lock on it, but I don't know why a critical system process would meddle with a multimedia application.
          Attached Files
          Last edited by Shocker; 10-16-2012, 11:22 AM.

Comment

What are you using it for? VirtualDub is more useful I find but a bit harder, Handbrake is what you want if you want to make mp4 or mkv files.

Comment

I like pinnacle studio for video editing, and dvd-lab for menu making
              Cap Datasheet Depot: http://www.paullinebarger.net/DS/
              ^If you have datasheets not listed PM me

Comment

Wow, Windows Movie Maker. Had the misfortune of using it back in the early XP days when I used version 1. Both that and v2 are unstable as heck. Then I found out last year it was originally from Windows ME.

Windows Live Movie Maker (its successor) and Windows Movie Maker 2012 (Live's successor) at least works, but I stopped actively making and converting videos in 2007. Sucks for the XP users somewhat, but there are better programs anyway... at least compared to Windows Movie Maker.
                Recovering a BEFSR41 v1 and v2 router from solid red DIAG Light
                I have two v2s and one v1.

I am still looking at these boards nearly every day.

What I'm doing: Planning an upgrade of my mining setup from Block Erupters to Red Furys. Though, if the Block Erupters don't sell, I will keep using them for a while.

Comment

Working...
                X