The video would be that much more epic

Comment

Re: Lesson in dust cleaning

I never seen powersupplies this dirty

Comment

Originally posted by copycat View Post
        I never seen powersupplies this dirty
        Surprisingly, I have. I had to fix a computer that had malware. It also was never maintained since they even bought the desktop, which was 2009! Three years of dust accumulation in the computer case and the power supply in a dusty basement. The system, including the power supply's fan, ran pretty loud. After cleaning it out, the system was quiet.

The power supply also looked like new, too, after cleaning it out. For the record, it was a Lite-On 250W power supply. Though, the power supply I saw was worse than the one in the OP, but better than the one with the dryer lint. So surprised as to how that system still ran at all.
        Recovering a BEFSR41 v1 and v2 router from solid red DIAG Light
        I have two v2s and one v1.

I am still looking at these boards nearly every day.

What I'm doing: Planning an upgrade of my mining setup from Block Erupters to Red Furys. Though, if the Block Erupters don't sell, I will keep using them for a while.

Comment

I've seen them get that dusty, it takes much longer for the units with big fans though. Those older PSU's though with two 80mm fans? Those get dusty in a hurry! And you know how lazy people are, they NEVER clean out their computers. And even the people that do are too scared to open their PSU and properly clean it

Comment

back in the day I got my first stationary computer in i guess 2001, there was a seal/sticker on the back of the computer so it would void the warranty if computer was opened. therefore i have never cleaned it myself untill some time in 2006, i guess it would get pretty dirty. The shop that sold the computer was doing upgrades for me as well. Not because I didn't know how/want it, just because my parents would have killed me for voiding the warranty as they were sponsoring it. So it is not always the laziness that makes the internals dusty. But most of the time it is

Comment

Working...
            X