Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

people are sheep when it comes to beats audio!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

people are sheep when it comes to beats audio!

beats audio a better than altec-Lansing I think not!

[rant] my altec-lansing laptop speakers sound better than beats, hell even my 5$ set of ear buds sound better than that crappy beats audio headphones that I bought plus the ones that my friend bought! people are such sheeps that they bye them, now how about this altec-lansing was started in the 30s and beats in the mid-2000s, so yeah I will take the experience of altec-lansing over a cheap piece of markup, trash, brand name, CRAP, poor sounding, and over priced brand ANY day!
    [/rant]

so WTF is with these teens these day with these pieces of shit in there ears anyway?
    Last edited by goontron; 03-22-2013, 10:59 AM.
    Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

"Dude, this is Wyoming, i hopped on and sent 'er. No fucking around." -- Me

Excuse me while i do something dangerous

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Re: people are sheep when it comes to beats audio!

Agreed, they are total rip offs and sound like crap. My $15 Sony headphones from Target are better.

And that's coming from a 17-year-old.

Comment

two years younger my friend!
      Things I've fixed: anything from semis to crappy Chinese $2 radios, and now an IoT Dildo....

You must have a sad, sad boring life if you hate on people harmlessly enjoying life with an animal costume.

Sometimes you need to break shit to fix it.... Thats why my lawnmower doesn't have a deadman switch or engine brake anymore

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Kids think they look cool. Also, I think a lot of newer music sounds best on crappy audio equipment.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2011/...hones_review/5

I'll stick with my $10 Philips headphones powered by the amplifier from some cheap computer speakers. I just turn the bass up on the amp and they're pretty much hi-fi.

Comment

Bought a set of Skullcandy earbuds, their sound was really really bad. I guess they sell alot of them just as lti says 'Kids think they look cool' and don't know better'

Comment

and then they mock you because you don't have them, I laugh like today my friend listened to the exact same song on my head phones that are 5$ plugged into anther computer(a school computer that i boot my linux harddrive on.) and he says that my 5$ headphones sound better.
            I bet that if I put the beats audio brand on a cheap pair of computer speakers from 98ish I could sell them for 500$!

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Monster = BOSE. More $$ spent on marketing than any actual "R&D" whatever that means nowadays.

Comment

I can't say that these Beats by Dre headphones / earbuds / earphones are all cheap junk. My roommate let me try his earphone the other day. It didn't sound anywhere near as good as my cheap Sony MDR-032 headphones that I've had for 12 years now, but compared to most other earbuds / earphones I've tried, they were better. Now, if you ask me if I think they are worth their >$50 price (I think my roommate said something like $70 or $100, I don't remember) - absolutely not!

And whoever says Beats headphones / earbuds / earphones are overrated and overpriced - I agree with you 101%. It's nothing more than a pricey fad. For the money, you can get many headphones that sound way, WAY better.

Thank you for making this thread so that I didn't have to.

Comment

well I had to post a rant beaus my friend wasted 300$ on a pair and is sounds worse than my 5$ sentry headphones, me I just think that's ridiculous, sad, and Im glad im not the only one that sees that crap!

[edit]im glad altec-lansing is still around.[/edit]

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Bose has been denigrated since the 901's came out in the seventies. I guess they were ahead of their time because I see a lot of high end, read expensive, speakers use a similar arrangement today. Ten 6" speakers instead of one 12". I heard the 901's when they first came out, they sounded better than mine at the time. I got free 6"x9"'s from the junk yard and put them in cabinets. Ripped them out of early sixties Cadillacs before they were crushed. They sounded better than what came with my Sears close and play. Later, when I had money, I bought top of the line traditional speakers. There about half as big as I am and weigh about half as much. I hate having to move them. It was a lot easier 30 years ago.
                    sigpicThe Sky Is Falling

Comment

I am not fancy about having good earbuds/headphones, but the pair I use now are from apple - I got them with my ipod.

AND, they have lasted about 3-4 years longer than the ipod itself! (ipod randomly died one day, nothing at all.. out of warranty, didn't want to have to pay $100 to have it diagnosed; I took it apart and the battery was fine - there was a problem with some of the tiny circuitry)
                      Muh-soggy-knee

Comment

Never really liked any of the Beats headsets. Always thought they were overrated and overpriced.

Only ones I wear now are my Panasonic RP-HT360 monitor headphones. Abused my first set, now I use my second set most of the time. The first set stays at home, though.

Some years ago, I owned a pair of Jensen monitor headphones. I loved the way they sounded, then they had to die after a year of use.

@goontron: I vaguely remember owning a set of cheap Sentry headphones, and they actually did sound good for the price, so yeah.
                        Recovering a BEFSR41 v1 and v2 router from solid red DIAG Light
                        I have two v2s and one v1.

I am still looking at these boards nearly every day.

What I'm doing: Planning an upgrade of my mining setup from Block Erupters to Red Furys. Though, if the Block Erupters don't sell, I will keep using them for a while.

Comment

altec-lansing needs to make headphones

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

I own "a pair of" Sennheiser hd212pro.

I don't really use them much these days cause I'm satisfied with my Logitech 5.1 speakers but they're great.

Comment

Listen you guys, well known and widely respected audio scientist Dr Dre worked in conjunction with Justin Beiber to painstakingly engineer every aspect of the new BEATZ hardware. They are in short, design excellence.

I'll stick to my RHA's. A fifth the price of that sh!t and sound 100 times better.

Comment

/\
                                || audio phool.

I listened to beats and sentry same song same computer and sentry won hands down! lower tones can be heard and don't degrade, indie/rock sounds a lot better on sentry than beats and beats had a scratching sound to it so I will stick to the better ones sentry!

oh and sentry is 5$ so bugger off with that fifth of the price crap!
                                Last edited by goontron; 03-24-2013, 11:25 PM.

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

could it be that it doesnt matter if they suck since the target customer is half deaf anyway?

Comment

i agree with that

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by goontron View Post
                                      oh and sentry is 5$ so bugger off with that fifth of the price crap!
                                      Audiophool?

The RHA's cost me $20 (15 British Pounds) and sound far better than BEATZ crap.

If you read and comprehend you'll see I'm slating the Beatz, which are nasty made in China hardware marketed by a sell out (Dr Dre). Google 'sarcasm' for help with that one, but the clue is where I say that Dr Dre is a scientist and imply that Justin Bieber is somehow important to music.

I've never tried Sentry, but I'm willing to bet they sound at least as good as BEATZ products costing three times as much. Looking at some youtube reviews of Sentry headphones, they look, well, like cheap made in China headphones and every bit as good as your $5 budget would suggest.

The RHA's on the other hand are designed and made in Scotland by some ex-LINN audio engineers and are damn near indestructible. I bought them to replace a set of Sen 212Pros and they were most bang for my buck I could find at the time and half the price of a new set of Sen's. I love 'em, they sound great.

Chris...

Comment

Originally posted by turbozutek View Post
                                        Listen you guys, well known and widely respected audio scientist Dr Dre worked in conjunction with Justin Beiber to painstakingly engineer every aspect of the new BEATZ hardware. They are in short, design excellence.
                                        that is what got me going audiophool, why becus the "engineering" part dont make any sense it's a project started in 2007 and some how it is better engineered than something that has been revised since the 30's, questionable at best.
                                        your post didnt seem to typed sarcastically by the way.
                                        Last edited by goontron; 03-25-2013, 05:09 PM.

Follow the white rabbit.

Comment

Working...
                                        X