Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to identify 2 missing components on PCB of a Huawei smartwatch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to identify 2 missing components on PCB of a Huawei smartwatch.

Hi!

I have this Huawei Smartwatch, model W1 or Classic (have seen both names).

The smartwatch works, but only when it's charging. It charges, but it gets very very hot to the touch.

If I unplug it from the charger, the smartwatch will endlessy reboot until it has no battery left. The battery drains very fast.

Replaced the battery with a brand new one, from Huawei, but I still have the same problem.

Upon disassembling the smartwatch, I identified two missings components on the PCB. This 2 components, are the one's that I circle around on the following image (one on each line):

So, some more help: I tried my best to collect all the info that my knowledge permits, and found out that this 2 components are both on 2 3v lines, one component missing on each line.

This 4 lines (ground, 5.7v, 3v and 3v) are the lines that come from the gold pins, these pins make contact with the charging dock to charge the watch.

So, can this be the root of my problem?

If you guys need any info, I will try to do my best.

Thanks for any help, in advance.
    Last edited by datsnow; 05-29-2020, 02:48 PM.

Re: Trying to identify 2 missing components on PCB of a Huawei smartwatch.

if something had fallen off i would expect to find them inside or dropped out whilst opening . did it ever work for you ?

Comment

Originally posted by petehall347 View Post
      if something had fallen off i would expect to find them inside or dropped out whilst opening . did it ever work for you ?
      Sadly not.. Had to disassemble to change the battery and nothing fall out.

Comment

Appears to be a pair of schottky diodes on USB D+/D-. Those are just pogo pins that go straight out the other side, directly to charge port.
        I can safely assume they have nothing to do with fast battery discharging, so your best bet is to look what's going on with charge controller.

Comment

Working...
        X