Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Remove_SMM... UEFI.

Originally posted by kiknusko View Post
    I think i find the spot you mentioned about, i changed jmp short loc_64D to short loc_64F
    Yup, exactly what I meant.

Comment

I Can unlock your ntb for free send me your BIOS dump and model
      Fairly new here, but I'm also interested in this if you are willing to help me
      I got an T480s that Lenovo sent out as a replacement for an old T460s that died and the T480s came with a supervisor password from the refurbishing center in China.

Comment

Originally posted by benderc View Post
        Fairly new here, but I'm also interested in this if you are willing to help me
        I got an T480s that Lenovo sent out as a replacement for an old T460s that died and the T480s came with a supervisor password from the refurbishing center in China.
        Try this https://www.mediafire.com/file/1nh0u...TCH_9.BIN/file

Comment

Thanks! I will give it a go later tonight and report back

Comment

Better upload your bios dump. Got to modify that file.

Comment

Originally posted by RethoricalCheese View Post
              Better upload your bios dump. Got to modify that file.
              Ok, here is my original dump:
              https://www.mediafire.com/file/7rdx2...s-org.zip/file

Comment

Yup, exactly what I meant.
                Hi, can I have the modified lenovotranslateservice?
                I prefer to cook my bios and learn something
                thanks

Comment

So this is the LenovoTranslateService file I patched so it would accept any key.
                  I did test it on X260 and it did work well. But when I tested it on X270, there would be beeps but no display.

I know that 6th, 7th and 8th gen share the same LenovoTranslateService and BootOptions file (I compared patched files for different models). There may be another file needed ?!
                  Attached Files

Comment

So this is the LenovoTranslateService file I patched so it would accept any key.
                    I did test it on X260 and it did work well. But when I tested it on X270, there would be beeps but no display.

I know that 6th, 7th and 8th gen share the same LenovoTranslateService and BootOptions file (I compared patched files for different models). There may be another file needed ?!
                    Thx

I will try it on my x250 when I receive my new programmer..

Comment

Originally posted by aliencillo View Post
                      Thx

I will try it on my x250 when I receive my new programmer..
                      For that model you might need different file. I am not sure because I haven't compared 4th/5th gen to 6th/7th/8th gen yet. But try it first and let me know.

Don't forget BootOptions and SystemPpisNeededByDxe which are found in some previous post in this topic.

Comment

For that model you might need different file. I am not sure because I haven't compared 4th/5th gen to 6th/7th/8th gen yet. But try it first and let me know.

Don't forget BootOptions and SystemPpisNeededByDxe which are found in some previous post in this topic.
                        What purpose this file SystemPpisNeededByDxe?

Comment

Originally posted by imranromi View Post
                          What purpose this file SystemPpisNeededByDxe?
                          Well, good point. If uefitool is used then it is actually not needed because when BootOption is replaced in Uefitool, SystemPpisNeededByDxe gets modified automatically anyway.

Comment

Well, good point. If uefitool is used then it is actually not needed because when BootOption is replaced in Uefitool, SystemPpisNeededByDxe gets modified automatically anyway.
                            Yes this is my point you understand well..
                            Or give me email i have some info about toshiba i know you interested this topic or i not have option i contact pm or email.
                            my email:*********************
                            Last edited by imranromi; 10-13-2019, 12:34 PM.

Comment

The last 3 posts about Toshibas have been deleted,they`re all off topic and not related to this thread.
                              Start a new thread.
                              Last edited by SMDFlea; 10-17-2019, 09:24 AM.
                              All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

@RethoricalCheese - Do you know if your patched file works on both 7 and 9 digit ID's, or does that not matter and as long as file is compatible with system it should work?

I don't need right now, can't test, only following along to try and learn and or help, to be able to sort this out for others later who need unlocked.
                                What you did was my first thought too, jump different or bypass area, before it was mentioned on page 1 post #11 - good to see that was a good idea and it's now proven working method at least on some systems.

I guess from my end, it doesn't help that I'm not familiar with these models or what generation is what
                                We need to put together a package of files xx1 set for xxgen1/models and then another for xx2 set for xxgen2/models.

If you need help trying to figure out how to patch anything let me know, I am good at than kind of thing too, but do not own any of these systems (only help people with BIOS often)

Comment

hello
                                  i have T480s i need help for unlock
                                  thanks

Comment

I use that file to patch bios on x250, but it still need 7 digit key. Input any key, it will say invalid.

Comment

BIOSG3tta3, it doesn't matter which one.

dwirachmat, yes it will ask for key but it accepts any key. And yes, it will say invalid but it continues to the valid part right after that. Did you replace BOTH files or just LenovoTranslateService?

Comment

Thanks, good to know!

Comment

BIOSG3tta3, it doesn't matter which one.

dwirachmat, yes it will ask for key but it accepts any key. And yes, it will say invalid but it continues to the valid part right after that. Did you replace BOTH files or just LenovoTranslateService?
                                          just BootOption and your LenovoTranslateService patch. but when i fill any key and press enter, it just stuck on invalid key. not continue like when i fill correct key that someone gave to me. when correct it will be ask me to press space twice.
                                          so maybe when it stuck on invalid key, i must shut it down and reflash with original bios right? or how?

Comment

Working...
                                          X