HP Pavillion x360 14-dh2034nr schematic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HP Pavillion x360 14-dh2034nr schematic

My friend gave me his dead laptop that smoked itself, just sitting there. I'm a EE and I've recently equipped myself with fume extraction, microscope, hot air station, etc. to handle more advanced soldering work, so I said I'd take it on "as training" to see how far I can go.

Does anyone have the motherboard schematic for an HP Pavillion x360 14-dh2034nr schematic. It has two exploded capacitors next to PU4701. (C4710, C4711).

If not a schematic, does anyone know what part PU4701 is? It seems to be a Alpha and Omega Semiconductor part, based on the logo and similar motherboard schematics. It's most likely a buck regulator. But I can't find a datasheet on the website that matches the pinout. The part is labelled AF00 9C3H, but that's probably just a lot code.

The part measures about 3.6x5 mm and seems to have 6 pins along one short edge, 4 pins going to the inductor along the other small edge, and 6 small+2 big pins along one long edge and groups of 4+3 pins along the other connecting long edge connecting to the (destroyed) capacitors.

There are two identical parts right next to it that haven't blown their caps.

I haven't done tons of laptop repairs, so I'd be much more comfortable having a schematic to guide me.

Thanks,
    Nick

Re: HP Pavillion x360 14-dh2034nr schematic

Originally posted by poleguy View Post
    The part is labelled AF00 9C3H, but that's probably just a lot code.

I haven't done tons of laptop repairs, so I'd be much more comfortable having a schematic to guide me.

Thanks,
    Nick
    AF00 https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showpo...7&postcount=15

Note that there are 2 parts with the same marking,they both have a different number of pins.

If you want a mobo schematic post the silkscreened part number

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=88758

1.1.3 Motherboard model number
    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

Wow, thanks. I thought I searched for AF00 on the forums, but didn't find the wonderful summary of A&O parts.

It does seem you've identified the part, and I have some on order from Aliexpress, since I couldn't find any through other vendors... crossing fingers that they are legit.

I noticed my pin count wasn't quite accurate in my description of the part... there are only five pins along the first short side. This matches the datasheet exactly for the 24 pin AOZ5547QI.

I took some photos of the motherboard in hopes someone has a schematic.
      See attached

And one photo of the the damage. See attached

I've done a fair amount of soldering, but most of it on boards where I have full engineering documentation and often access to the designer. This is my first attempt on a laptop motherboard. If anyone has any tips on this particular failure, I'm all ears. I wonder if people have experience with these MOSFET stages failing and if this is typically a primary failure or if it is caused by some other chip failing that I'll have to track down?

But one step at a time...

Thanks,
      Nick
      Attached Files
      Last edited by poleguy; 12-21-2021, 12:40 PM. Reason: Didn't realize I needed to manage photos.

Comment

Originally posted by poleguy View Post
        Wow, thanks. I thought I searched for AF00 on the forums, but didn't find the wonderful summary of A&O parts.

It does seem you've identified the part, and I have some on order from Aliexpress, since I couldn't find any through other vendors... crossing fingers that they are legit.

I noticed my pin count wasn't quite accurate in my description of the part... there are only five pins along the first short side. This matches the datasheet exactly for the 24 pin AOZ5547QI.

I took some photos of the motherboard in hopes someone has a schematic.
        See attached

And one photo of the the damage. See attached

I've done a fair amount of soldering, but most of it on boards where I have full engineering documentation and often access to the designer. This is my first attempt on a laptop motherboard. If anyone has any tips on this particular failure, I'm all ears. I wonder if people have experience with these MOSFET stages failing and if this is typically a primary failure or if it is caused by some other chip failing that I'll have to track down?

But one step at a time...

Thanks,
        Nick

Judging from the photos, i think that Mosfet might be good and you may only need to replace those blown capacitors. I think those are bypass caps and it's very common for them to fail in Laptop boards. Finding the value is also not that difficult. There are similar pairs of bypass caps near other Mosfets too. You can de-solder one of them and measure it's value. They are usually 50v rated. However the real problem is the burning damage suffered by the PCB. As an Engineer, you may already knew that this are multilayer PCBs and a severe burring can often damage inner tracks also. Try cleaning the burned area carefully and check if only outer track is burned or the inner tracks are affected also.

Comment

Yeah, I suppose I jumped the gun in ordering replacement mosfet ICs, but they're pretty cheap. I've yet to go probing around on there to see if there are any shorts, and to clean up and look how deep the damage goes, etc.

I am well aware of the possible damage to inner layers, and I've repaired similar damage in the past. I'd feel better with a schematic, but at least having the FET chip identified and some parts ordered, I'll feel more confident pulling the part if I need to, as I'll have a fresh one to replace it with if something goes wrong.

If anyone has this schematic or even a similar one to point me to that would boost my confidence. (?)

Nick

Comment

Working...
          X