Need schematics for Intel LAPQC71B

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need schematics for Intel LAPQC71B

Might be a tough one! My Thunderbolt port doesn't work and it seems like power to the USB ports isn't very high amperage-wise as well.

I'm hoping to get a schematic for this so I can test all of the associated circuits

Re: Need schematics for Intel LAPQC71B

It's not tough but impossible at the moment. In my entire career, i have seen only a handful of Intel schematics. Even the "Customer Reference Design" for their product line are protected by highly restrictive NDA.

Comment

Re: Need schematics for Intel LAPQC71B

I was able to get the thunderbolt circuit only from a certain vendor who basically said "Hey, sorry Intel isn't helping you by warrantying this, don't tell them I gave this to you". I was just hoping to get a bigger picture without prying so that I could move on to circuits that feed into it.

Essentially, there was an issue with the BIOS firmware that fried the thunderbolt caps when you used certain docks that provided power and was fixed in a later version of the firmware. Despite this, Intel tech support basically said "Oh, we have no record of that ever being an issue! Sorry!"

The thunderbolt controller is detected, I'm able to update its firmware, etc., but no devices will ever show up when connected.

I was able to get the TB3 controller chip from mouser and also ordered every component in the circuit. If I can't find obvious damage under a microscope, I'm just going to change everything and pray.

Comment

Working...
      X