Philips 55PUS6262 no picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Philips 55PUS6262 no picture

The 6703 with it's t-con originally gave normal picture, so I highly doubt the ribbon was burned then. 6162 every single panel board component has been tested for shorts, after replacing 1 cap as mentioned earlier in this thread no more shorts were present.

I am not going to touch 6162, gonna start with looking for shorts on 6703's Tcon. Worst case scenario I'll just risk buying a fresh Tcon for it.

Comment

So yeah, I did risk getting another tcon to 6703. Nothing changed at all. No picture when both ribbons connected, half picture with purple artifacts (reacting to touch) on one side. Whitish-greyish panel if only the bad side connected. Tried cut tape once again, wasn't able to get any picture at all on the bad side.

Could someone with knowledge explain what the hell is happening with this TVs? How is that possible? There are no shorts at all on panel boards on 6703 and never were any. It was absolutely fine until I tried putting its tcon to 6162. After that the TV is basically bricked - thought just the tcon got fried in 6162, but apparently there's something bigger going on? Main boards fried on both of them? Any ideas at all?

Comment

Don't listen about fantasy advices, bad caps don't produces artifacts, yours is probably a bad gate driver issue, must provide pictures of what the screen apears when problems are there, no blind diagnosis..

Comment

Couldn't upload video here, hope this is acceptable:

https://streamable.com/sc2u1v

The problems in this TV started when I took its Tcon to 6162 for a second. After reinstalling in 6703 this is the result. Tried to buy and install another tcon, same problem. Tried cut tape method again, no joy.

By the way, accidentally smashed the 6162 screen when moving stuff in the workshop, so only 6703 left in ring. This video and all the recent posts refer to 6703.

Could a chain reaction occur? Like: 6162's bad panel/board fried the 6703's Tcon, which further fried 6703's panel/board which fries any new Tcon I throw at it?

Many many thanks for getting back to this thread, I started considering scrapping it.
          Attached Files

Comment

did you do a close inspection of the cof's on 6162, some of those symptoms seem like a burnt cof, had a tricky one not long ago, where the outside looked fine but the inside meaning other side of the board and cof was obviously burnt. I know it's busted now but a bad cof may have been the problem with that one.

Comment

6703 now acts exactly the same as 6162, so I should be able to find something on it. I did close inspection on 6162's COFs, with microscope, couldn't find any burns or cracks whatsoever. I will doublecheck that on 6703.

I still don't get why (and actually how?) touching the disconnected flex cable (the one between t-con and panel) results in artifacts showing up on working side. Doesn't seem to make any sense.

Comment

The video is very poor, one simple rule: if the subject is low and wide not use a cellular in portrait but in landscape (horizontal)..

Comment

Apologies, uploaded wrong one by mistake. This should be much better:

https://streamable.com/o6v4jw

The patterns mostly don't show up on their own until I touch the flex. Mostly.
                  Last edited by mrsith; 08-18-2022, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Tried to read all thread but it's difficult, i'm at page 3.. wait.. the thing i can say for now is, if you have tested a maybe good tcon on a tv that uses a different tcon and have upgraded tv, the tcon firmware sometimes can be changed, this case with wrong one.. so returning back to its original place it's a problem.. try upgrading the present tv and hope the new software contains also tcon software..

Comment

Both TVs uses exactly the same tcon. I was afraid that what you said might be the case, and did manually flash firmware to rule it out.
                      Especially that after this I've bought another tcon, from the same model (6703), and the effect was/is the same.

Comment

Working...
                      X