Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

asus b75m-plus PSU turns on but no POST. Reset button starts it ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

asus b75m-plus PSU turns on but no POST. Reset button starts it ?

Posted Today, 07:34 PM

, Hi! In the normal startup process, my pc's power led will turn on, the hdd led will flash brightly for a moment, then beeps once and you would know that everything is starting up fine. But recently, it will just flash dimly(sometimes too dim to see) and then nothing, no beep to show it is posting but the psu is on and all fans/hdds/peripherals/usb are on, even the lan port is flashing. Luckily, I discovered that pressing the reset button after the power button will initiate the post (the hdd led will flash brightly, beeps once and everything starts up fine), but you have to press the reset button, very tiringly, a lot of times.

I checked the voltages; (+3.3v)+3.38v, (+5v)+5.19v, (+12v)+12.15v, (-12v)-11.8v, (ps_on) +4.55voff/0v on and running, (power_ok) 0v off/ +5.18v on and running and (+5vsb) +5.22v off/ +5.18v on/ +5.14v running. Tried the rams one at a time, all are fine. Reset the cmos by removing the battery, shorting the battery contacts for a minute and pressing the power button for about a minute also. Removed the board from the chassis in case of short and swapped the psu twice, all with the same result. That only leaves me with the mobo or cpu as suspect but I'm at a loss where to start.

Can someone please tell me if I missed something or where to troubleshoot if it's the motherboard? And does anyone have a schematic for an asus b75m-plus motherboard? The nearest model I can find is a b75m-a.

Thank you.

OS - win7 ultimate

CPU - i3-3240

GPU - internal

MB - asus b75m-plus

RAM - 2 x 4gb hyperx, 2 x 4gb team elite

BIOS - updated to latest a few yrs ago

DRIVERS - updated to latest

PSU - generic

CASE - skywalker

some other symptoms:

1. switching on avr automatically turned on psu without pressing the power button but then turns off after a few seconds (happened twice)

2. very rarely hangs (about 3 times) not on games but just on browser with a couple of tabs open.

3. the notification icons in lower right taskbar may be corrupted (maybe because of the improper starting), some are blank.

Re: PSU turns on but no POST. Reset button starts it ?

Reflash BIOS
    OpenBoardView — https://github.com/OpenBoardView/OpenBoardView

Comment

Preparing a usb to reflash the bios "IF" it posts. I followed your link and I don't know what to do. Btw, I'm using the latest boardviewer beta and all I can figure our so far are parts and their pin designations, and "net" shows their connections.

Thank you very much for your reply!

Comment

Just downloaded rev.1.02 diagram of my mobo but sadly not the one I need. Still looking for 1.01 and 1.00.

Comment

Sorry for the delay. Just got it to POST and ran EZ flash utility after which pc resets and doesn't post again. Sadly I'm back to square one.

Any other suggestions please?

Comment

Working...
          X