Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to program IR3567B and similar?

Hi guys
    Does anyone know anything about programming these multiphase VRM controllers? IR3567B

I have a couple of graphics cards here (RX 480) that seem to have faulty chips but I was told that these are programmable devices and you can't just fit a replacement.

I found this VRMtool
    https://www.overclock.net/threads/vr...llers.1605757/

but from what I can see it is no use in this situation as it needs the IR3567B to be working so it can be programmed?

So I am thinking i need someway to dump the file from a working card (or download one) and then program my replacement chip. Or am I over complicating this - will an off-the-shelf IR3567B just work?

cheers
    Rich
    Follow me on YouTube
    ------------------
    Learn Electronics Repair
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Re: How to program IR3567B and similar?

Looks like it needs to be programmed
    Yes indeed. If you want programm new IR3567B you need get somehow dump from same type videocard and then write that dump into new ic. Actualy get dump is easy part, you may use for it MSI Afterburner with key "-i2cdump". But for writting down dump you need programmator with supporting this type of ic. Or you can try to interact with ic over I2C protocol by simple selfmade programmator (most simple programmator consist of 2 resistors).
    Unable to post url
    Last edited by R_J; 06-13-2022, 11:37 AM.

Comment

Could be that just when replaced with a new one, when the graphic card is working again, could be programmed after with the OS working and not before?
      And yes, you should get parameters from a working one, or maybe the OC software can program it too trying to OC or Stock the GPU?

Comment

same question from this thread. what kind of tools and equipment use to reprogram of this ic IR3567B?

Comment

USB005 USB do I2C PowlRCenter

Comment

Working...
          X