X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hey all,

The names Dave, but friends call me Joker, just figured I'd add to pile with a bit about me. I'm middle aged geek, started tinkering with electronics and such in the first days of AOL, the dinosaurs among us will know exactly what I'm talking about. I have my masters in Computer Information Systems, and while currently 'unemployed', I do a bit of freelance work to keep me busy, not to mention the occasional projects I do for my own entertainment. I have plenty of programming experience, as well as some knowledge in pentesting, and even a few years in video game development.

I'll leave it at that, as I'm currently in the middle of a project and registering was a side effect of getting the information necessary to complete said project, but I'll be sure to be as active as possible in my cluster f*** of a life.

Thanks for having me!

The Joker

Comment

Hi, I'm from Finland. I work in IT and am also interested in electronics.

Comment

Hello, i'm from Spain.

Been following this forum for a while. I'm interested in electronics and computer engineering. I love to repair broken stuff. Whatever I can get my hand into. Mostly laptops and pcs.

Comment

Hi. I'm dbrosa from Brazil.

Very helpful forum badcaps.net! I use to be an electronic tech and still loving repairing hardware and old notebooks. Hope to contribute somehow and want to thank you all in advance for any help.

Comment

Hello world! Greetings from Maryland

Comment

Hello, Newbie here. Trying to learn how to repair GPUs.

Comment

Greetings
                I’m Andrew in South Australia.

I have been a tinkerer in electronics and mechanisms from an early age. One of my earliest memories is dismantling the wind-up kitchen clock to see how it worked.

I started my career repairing office machines, moving on to become an electronics technician, then went to university and qualified as an engineer. I spent the last 35 years as a telecommunications engineer but am now happily retired.

I get a kick out of NOT throwing things away just because they’re faulty or old but rise to the challenge of fixing them or repurposing them.

Looking forward to “meeting “ others with the same mindset

Comment

Hello guys. I am Murat. 45 years old. We service laptops and LCD TV.I want to improve myself

Comment

Hello! I am Dingo, a computer technician. I just need help with Mac related EFI things.

Comment

Hello, I am The WABBIT.

I have been working with computers (personal computers) since 1980, computers is my thing. I mostly deal with the hardware side of things. But, I do do some work on the software side. My preferred programming language is Pascal/Delphi.

Comment

Comment

Hello from Poland

Comment

Hi, i came across internet and just get here because i love lookin how this forum

Comment

Hey guys mappa5 here! Brand new to the repair industry as I started my first job just last month and wanting to improve myself in my spare time and this forum looks like the perfect place to get all the information i need!

Comment

I am in desperate need of some advise to choose an alternate T-con board for my Smart 4K Tv and I was advised by ShopJimmy Support to reach to this forum

Comment

Bom dia pessoal, meu nome é Deiks, moro no Brasil, tenho 49 anos e amante da eletrônica, embora estar engatinhando ainda...estou estudando muito e pretendo aprender com vocês e ajudar no que for possível...grande abraço a todos

Comment

hi from singapore

Comment

Hi all. My first post here. I'm a novice when it comes to electronics but always been interested in the operation of electrical equipment, engineering and how things work in general and always trying to learn more. I figured this would be a great place to learn with a collective source of experience and knowledge. Thanks for having me 🙂👍🏻✌🏻

Comment

Hello all, first post intro, I'm Kieran, I'm looking to fix an old GPU currently, though now I have discovered this forum, it may well provide some invaluable knowledge. I've done some SMD soldering somewhat successfully. Cheers all

Comment

Hi All! My name is Todd and I'm 51. Retired Submariner in the US Navy. I am currently a Service Engineer at a large HVAC Company. I do a lot of electronic guitar repair, effect pedals, etc. Looking to learn.

Comment

Working...
                                          X