X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello,

I'm Adam I'm retired and was bored so I accidentally fixed a few computers and a couple monitors and a LCD tv for residents of an old folks home and now they've decided to keep me occupied because idle hands are the devils hands. Until lately my testing experience with electricity was sticking a hair pin in the wall outlet 45 years ago.

Comment

I came across this site a few months ago and after reading through many of its helpful posts, I decided to join and hopefully contribute in some way.

Comment

Just joined this as I am interested in repairing laptops - my own one, principally. However I need advice from time to time and to discuss issues with better informed users. From Ireland, a pensioner.

Comment

Hello,
          I am Franklin Thomas from Savannah Georgia and am a new member. I have been in the TV service business since 1972. I look forward to contributing and receiving help through this forum.
          Thanks for the opportunity.

Comment

Hello all,
            I'm a new member but an old fogey. I've been retired for several years but still
            doing electronic and computer "tinkering".
            My first TV was a DuMont 14" black and white (no color back then) and my first
            computer was a Commodore C64. I spent many hours typing in code from "RUN"
            magazine to run real simple programs. Great fun.
            I was never into repairing very much unless it was something simple like a loose
            connection or changing a tube (remember those?) or circuit board.
            I hope to have some of my questions answered by your knowledgeable posters.

Rman3

Comment

Hello my name is itay steiner and i am new electronics technician that about to finish as course.
              I am very happy that i found this site its amazing how much info there is on this site on caps:-)

So have a nice day and ”all the caps be with you”

Comment

Hello everyone,

My name is Stefan, I currently live in the UK and work as a bartender but I've always had a passion for electronics. I stumbled upon this forum in the hope to resolve an issue that I have with my TV. I hope I find some resolution in here

Comment

Hi All,
                  I'm Chip, I have an electronics background having worked in the brown goods (tv/video) industry for a number of years, stumbled across this forum while looking for info on pwm supervisory chips...

Cheers
                  Chip

Comment

Hi, came across the forum when looking for replacement caps for an LG TV and with the vast amount of info on here I thought it would be worth joining.

Comment

HELLO,

I have LCD TOSHIBA REGZA 37Z3030D main board "V28A000489B1". THE MAIN BOARD WAS FALLEN DOWN, SO I M LOOKING FOR A NEW MAIN BOARD , but I haven't found it. SO HOW CAN I FIND IT? OR IS THERE ANY OTHER MAIN BOARD THAT COULD BE COMPATIBLE WITH.

Thanks

Comment

hello

my name mounir

Comment

HI All
                          I M shahab new member. LCD technition

Comment

general mess around with everything electrical person, always need advice and may be able to give some

Comment

hey 'm kyle, i'm new to the forum and look forward to learning a lot!

Comment

I have never been on nor posted to a forum so this is a first for me. Upon being directed to this forum in search of help with a Samsung 60" 7 month old TV that no longer comes on after the house was struck by lightening, I was impressed with the information I was able to garner from reading the first reply to a post I read. The information seems thorough & knowledgeable. Hope I can benefit from the expertise. As I said, this is my first attempt but I am an stanch DIYer so any & all help is greatly appreciated. I reside in Marietta, GA and LOVE learning new things...sooooo given my problem, here I am....

Comment

Hello - Dean here. Been a tinkerer for a while now. I remembered this site form a while back. Helped me through a rough patch with a samsung. While searching for an issue I was having this time, thought I would go ahead and sign up.

Comment

Hello, Daniel here. Newbie.
                                    Been a Pansonic Plasma guy for a lot of years and my "Silver" Panasonic VIERA just started getting the "Sparklies" Purchased it in 2007 I think...I need help to get it fixed. It was an Early one SD not HD. But it has a video/tuner output, so I can record if I want... What happened to the tuner outputs..? Digital I guess. Thanks in advance for any help.

Comment

Hi! I'm Angelo, best known as kholk from the EternityProject Development Team.

I'm here because I really need to get some help for my shiny-6-yr-old-modular 800W PSU, so, writing something here to be able to open a thread in the right section! :P

Comment

Hey all, been fixing stuff for as long as I can remember, however, it's probably about time I learned what I'm doing. I've "fixed" about 3 or 4 broken tvs lately mostly just by replacing boards and crossing my fingers. Most recently I resoldered caps and brought one back to life. My most recent tho has stumped me and thats why I'm here. Would love to learn as much as I can from the masters, and any and all help you all can give is greatly appreciated!

Al

Comment

Hello All,

I am Steve. I love electronics and have a fair bit of knowledge about several different things. I wind custom guitar pickups and am rather good with a soldering iron.

Comment

Working...
                                          X