Sharp LC-40LE810UN question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharp LC-40LE810UN question

No fan noise problem here. It's quieter than my old HP 54501A.
    Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
    For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

Do you guys think that I should still check the 18V at the start up, since I have the output voltages?

Comment

PSU is fine, for now. Check main board. Maybe TV was hit with a surge.
        Please do not PM me with questions! Questions via PM will not be answered. Post on the forums instead!
        For service manual, schematic, boardview (board view), datasheet, cad - use our search.

Comment

What should I check on the mainboard?

Comment

Post some pictures of it.

Comment

I will a bit later.
              Bud, you are thinking about getting this scope?
              Tom, how come your doesn't have a noisy fan? 1102 has a different one then the 1052? Everybody complains about the fan noise.

Comment

No, it's got the same fan. Scopes are identical hardware wise. It just doesn't bother me much...

Comment

No, I just saw the video and thought it is the same as yours, I already have 3 Tektronix scopes at home.
                  Never stop learning
                  Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                  http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                  http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

I have made some pictures, not the greatest ones, specially the bottom one:
                    Attached Files

Comment

We can't move to the mainboard.
                      I have/had the voltages, but the 13V did not reach the connector.
                      At the connector I had only the 5.5V.
                      After a couple of minutes of measuring, the voltages are gone again.
                      I have tried it again after a while and it was back again for a couple of seconds and then drops to 0.7-0.8V.
                      I'm so pissed on this power supply, that I'm thinking of just buying another board and be over with.
                      I can have a short or something in the secondary and the feedback kills the power source?

Comment

Why is the tuner can rusted? Has this TV been exposed to water?

Comment

I have no idea.
                          I have just purchased the power supply.

Comment

Well, the power supply was probably fixable... I suspect you could have additional damage to the TV due to water.

Comment

I was trying to fix this power supply for over a month with no success.
                              I have waited for two ICs(same) and when I install one it runs for a bit and then it quits, replaced the second one and the same thing happened.
                              Now I will have to order two more($15 shipped=total $30), wait another three weeks.....
                              Last couple of days I didn't get any real help, plus the frustration and I have just pulled the trigger. It wasn't easy to give up.
                              It was less then $78 shipped.
                              The back cover of the TV is Aluminum(!) and that one too has some white spots, not sure if it's water or oxidation of the Aluminum exposed to the elements
                              The guy from whom I picked it up he said that it was his own TV, but then he has a company which installs TVs on the wall.
                              I'm guessing that he lied and this TV it was installed at an outdoor place most likely.

Comment

I never trust people when I pick up a TV .

I didn't realise you were having so much difficulty with the PSU. I hope the replacement works.

I want a nice Sharp 40" LED set to work on soon .

Comment

..and it's a smart TV too!
                                  Today before I left to work, I have checked it again and the voltages were there at the two capacitors.
                                  It seems that all the voltages have to drain out of the TV before I have the voltages back.
                                  I may have some short in the secondary side of the PS?
                                  The FET and that double diode(not sure how is called, looks like a FET) under the black heatsink has voltages at there pins.
                                  Not sure what happens between these and the connector.
                                  Man I don't like to give up, and I hate myself that I have purchased that board.

Comment

I have just noticed that actually the LEDs are on an blinking while I have the voltages. I haven't notice them before, since they were up side down.
                                    The code that flashes is 2 slow and 5 fast blinks which in the manual says that it's:
                                    -Power PWB failure (Power failure, etc.); Panel power supply error.
                                    -PANEL_POW; Panel 12V failure; Flashes fast 5 times; DET_PNL12V(35pin) failure (L). Panel power is not applied.
                                    Detection is started after turning on the panel power and receiving command; the power is turned off by polling.
                                    It would be nice if we could fix this board also. I would have a good board.
                                    The new one from partstore is in it's way.

Comment

Probably the component responsible for providing panel power is dead. The corrosion could have killed it.

You will have to let us know how smart the smart TV seems! I have always found them annoyingly slow.

Comment

I will let you know. I'm using a WDTV Live streaming player now. It's hard to believe that it could be better then that.

Comment

Power supply/Inverter board arrived. I have installed it and it's exactly as with the original board. Still blinking a code. Board ordered from partstore.com.
                                          So, it looks like it's the mainboard is the problem. Not receiving any voltages other then the STBY voltage.

Comment

Working...
                                          X