386SX motherboard - ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

386SX motherboard - ID

Found this 386SX motherboard in the trash at work and trying to find info about it, but just can't seem to pin it down.

Can't find a manufacturer name on the board, but a sticker on one of the chips suggest it might be a "Yoke"? A serial number on a sticker on the side of one of the ISA slots begins "YK...", so maybe it is made by "Yoke", but you can imagine the irrelevant hits you get when searching for "Yoke" and numbers on the board. I'm getting hits from anything like flight sim controls to moterbikes.

The sticker on the chip at the middle-top of the board says "Yoke 401-V5".

There is something silkscreened between a couple of ISA slots that I think says 401 "?"386SX-08, it's partially obscured by some solder spots/thru-holes.

I've sifted through hundreds of 386SX photos in internet searches, but can't find it.

The big chips don't seem to be the CPU, would it have been in the socket at the bottom left?

I've attached a photo of the top-side, nothing of interest on the bottom-side.
    Attached Files

Re: 386SX motherboard - ID

I went back to have a better look at the number on the board, but still not sure of a few of the characters.

Looks like...

401-C86SX-08

But I'm still not getting any hits on that string, or slight variations of it.
    Attached Files

Comment

U44 I think is the CPU.
      U43 is the optional coprocessor.
      It looks like 2MB RAM installed.

Comment

Give us a shot of the back side.

Comment

This might help. https://stason.org/TULARC/pc/motherb...401-386SX.html
          Last edited by R_J; 09-16-2021, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by brethin View Post
            Give us a shot of the back side.
            Shot of the back attached. Nothing much going on there, just traces and tru-holes. And the number 9034.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by R_J View Post
              Thanks for digging that out, U44 is indeed the processor. I wonder what the "combo" means?

https://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/80386...0386SX-16.html
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X