Sharp Aquos LC -70LE640U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharp Aquos LC -70LE640U

I got a freebee that a guy wanted gone out back of his pickup today.I thought it was total write off as it was face up in box of truck and it was raining all morning.I dried it out for couple days and now the problem is showing itself.Screen is dark on one side and video like in slow motion.Seems i have to remove tabs on one side or both?
    Attached Files

Re: Sharp Aquos LC -70LE640U

well you can't remove tabs on BOTH sides unless you just want to watch a blank screen, as you need tabs on at least one side.

From the pictures, I would say there is some cabling disconnected... have you looked at the back of the set?

Comment

Do this disconnect one side of the ribbon cables from the lower side of the tcon then turn on.one side will come on and check for image. Do the same thing for the other side also . Unplug power when switching sides.

Comment

I had a spare t-con board so i installed it to no avail set would not power up.I reinstalled original t-con and re seated sides and set worked perfect.I came back after running and errand and its distorted again back square 1.
        Attached Files

Comment

Went out and powered down set for while and screen came back normal waited awhile and screen started to distort and go dark.I had hunch so i replaced the tcon board again and screen came on this time.gonna run it all night and see what happens.The chips on sides all looked ok and felt cool to touch.
          Attached Files

Comment

K, all were cool? Usually in my experience if I replace a tcon and messes up again I find a hot driver tab. It shorting-out the tcon board.

Comment

Check your driver boards on the bottom one. Just press them while it’s on and see if any changes occur.

Comment

Thanks charlie for tips.I checked it this morning and unit is running perfectly.The only issue is there is a spot in right top corner and in couple of other places very hard notice in other places.I have suspicion it may be residue left by water as it was left outside in rain.I'm glad i never jumped the gun and cut those side tabs.Looks so far as t-con was issue.
                Attached Files

Comment

Here is another pic of smaller spot but that seemed to have disappeared this morning.
                  Attached Files

Comment

TV under rain for days.. the wet going over all either the sheets behind the LCD. via working it will dry.. but it may left fleck. as this point need to take it screen apart and clean them. other wise i would leave it so for my weakness eyes.

Comment

Thanks Diah yes one spot has pretty well gone and other seems to be fading.I have let it sit in dry area for another while with set on.

Comment

Diah the board only lasted a week back to same picture.I guess i will have cut ribbons on one side after all.

Comment

I wouldn't do any "cutting" just yet. disconnect the small cable in the bottom corner... there is one on each side. Check what the result is on the picture when one is disconnected. If your spots don't go away, it is likely that cutting any side tabs is going to help the situation as the problem is more likely associated with the tabs along the bottom.

Comment

Yes budwich that was my fear.I will give it a try.

Comment

Yes removed one side got this now. Don't know if I pull the bottom what it will do.

Comment

Working...
                              X