SAMSUNG UE46D5520 rebooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SAMSUNG UE46D5520 rebooting

I tried through ethernet as well and it says not download available, so I assume it is at the latest version. Not sure how to check on this TV.

Comment

Did you try working from panel on down? like first unhook ribbon cables from tcon to panel, see if it does the same if so unhook lvds cable from mainboard to tcon, see if it changes. It seems like the old pesky eeprom/spi/nand issue, that as far as I can tell can be fixed with good replacement mainboard or replacing the chip with a pre-programmed one or programming it yourself with a programmer. I think it staying on while you froze it verified it as the culprit.
      Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-20-2020, 05:31 AM.

Comment

OK, I am now confused. I went to check that disconnecting cables and what state the TV was in when disconnected. I turned on TV and disconnected the ribbon cable which goes to the small PCB in the lower middle of the TV. This is a multi way L shape ribbon (Not sure but my be the Tcon board to interface?) The screen went blank with a rapid fading horizontal line until after a few seconds it was black. I thought perhaps I should have not done that with the TV on so unplugged the mains and refitted the connector at the small PCB end. Turned on TV and it started up as normal but stayed on!!!!!!!!!
        so I got excited at this point and plugged in the USB mem stick and an aerial and the ethernet connector. TV stayed on. In fact it has now been on for a couple of hours and accessing internet and all TV channels.
        The only thing I changed this time was that connector unless after freezing it yesterday it decided to give in and un-corrupt the eeprom? This connector has been disconnected before when I first took the back off. I will leave on test for a while. Certainly can't be much wrong with it.

Comment

So TV went from not downloading the upgrade software to working! I have heard some unplugging cables and cleaning them but I did inspect these and they were clean. Either that or something else occurred?
          Last edited by Mungry; 10-20-2020, 01:05 PM.

Comment

Damn if I know but something started working, yes it's not a good idea to unhook anything while the tv is on so you don't get any unwanted surges and short something out etc. but who knows that may have been what brought it around. might still be a good idea to update the firmware in case it's problematic.
            Last edited by nomoresonys; 10-20-2020, 06:20 PM.

Comment

TV still working fine. I will reload the firmware and see. This certainly surprised me and a little frustrating as I lost my confidence and direction when this happened.

Comment

Working...
              X