This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi started way back with the c46 and tape deck then jumped to ibm 170 mb hdd, 4 mb ram price around 2500 us dollar. Now im doing a bit of fixing on every thing from cars to phones.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I am a 78 yr old who has been working on computers since 1964. I have
      had jobs in hardware and software during my career. I am retired now and
      enjoy working with PC's. The first computer system I worked on was a
      hybrid system known as the Univac File system. It was a vacuum tube
      system with an added core stack that was solid state. It was the first
      system used in Air Traffic Control systems in the United States. I have
      had the oppurtunity to watch the evolution of computers first hand.

Comment

Hi all from Sussex, UK. I started on an Amstrad PCW having realised it could run a database as well as word process! Halleluja! Next up was a Tandon 286. Anyone remember the Tandon DataPac removeable harddrives? Late 80's I think. Probably the most 'sci-fi' computer I ever owned. Very interested in laptop repairs/BIOS unlocks etc.

Comment

Hello everyone. By searching some schematics I found this page. I'm working on repairing laptops for 3 or 4 months. I have been in the Computer repair business for over 13 years now and love fixing computers. I only recently have determined to repair laptops, tablets and 2 in 1 convertible's as these are fun to repair. I've found it very useful to be part of this community!

Comment

Hi From the UK - fixing all kinds of electronic devices and eager to learn more!

Comment

How do I post and introduce myself?

Comment

Did I just stumble into an answer to my own stupid question? How did I do that?

Comment

Brand new to forum searching and or posting. Have not found FAQS particularly helpful. Not even sure how to phrase a question that would provide an answer to my uninformed brain.

Comment

I guess that these messages are somehow getting through as I see them now on my computer screen.

Hi all, My name is Art and I live in a small town in Alaska. I first came here hoping to find answers about how to repair my Vizio TV that just stopped working. After visiting Youtube videos that featured my specific model and trying the suggested methods which failed, I was referred to this forum by ShopJimmy.com to look for better troubleshooting and possible solutions.
                    Please forgive my ignorance as I stumble and bumble my way around the forum like Hansel and Gretel following bread crumbs that might sustain them until they reach home.

Comment

Hi all, interested amateur finding there way

Comment

Hello. I've been in the IT field for quite some time. Although I have terrible board level repair skills. My soldering experience is very little, but I'm willing to learn.

Comment

Hello

I am Jesse. Currently self employed but always looking to increase my knowledge. You exercise your body right? what about your mind? I am here looking forward to learning alot of new things and get some help ( someone on reddit told me to join this forum and post my question).

Thank you.

Comment

Hi to all. I registered because I would like to ask very big help))

Comment

good evening everyone!
                              I hope I can grow in knowledge and successful services, every day!
                              I am trained in some technical courses and I have a college degree, but in the sense of working on my own, I'm just starting ...
                              I hope that between me and the forum there will be an exchange of help, thanks!

Comment

Hello!
                                I'm a math teacher trying to learn macbook board repair to repair few bricks with the apple logo on it... If I'm succesful, I'll will probably teach what I learned to my geeky students.

Comment

Just found this site by accident when I was trying to find info for an older model HP laptop. From what I have seen so far site looks like a gem. I am sure a lot of people have run up against the same problems of trying to find information on out of service equipment.
                                  I am a retired Electrical Engineer but still repair electronic equipment in my spare time to keep busy. Introduction of this site as I can see has provided an extremely useful tool to a lot of people.

Comment

Originally posted by AKBessy View Post
                                    Hi. I am AKBessy from Alaska - born here and lived here all of my life. I am on the older side and have been married longer than some of the young kids have been alive. I don't know a whole lot about anything but do dabble a lot in everything. I have an AAS in Refrigeration and Heating Technology - that's where I got my introduction to electrical troubleshooting, which I am still not worth a shit at ;-). I was introduced to computers in 1998 when I purchased a Gateway 450 (don't remember the specs -top of the line back in the day) and have a blast with them. I am amazed at everything about them! I like to take on the challenge of trying to fix things myself from hardware- to software-related issues. I do have to ask hubby for help with the electrical troubleshooting - he's tone-deaf, but has a better understanding of the numbers he is looking at. My interests include computers, history, science, nature, camping, hunting, snowmachining and atving, traveling and HAWAII. Quit drinking back at the beginning of 2005 and quit smoking back in the middle of Aug. 2006; my remaining bad habits include drinking coffee in the morning, sleeping more than I should, spending more time than I should on forums and photo-editing.
                                    AK BESSY I just moved to Alaska in September 2019. Spending my first winter here. Have visited my son several times over the years in Seldovia (across the bay from Homer) Alaska is a really big state. What community do you call home?

Comment

Hi Everyone

I am having an issue with my TV and I am hoping to get some advice from this community.

Comment

Hey every1,

I was it manager, now unemployed and i figured out that i'm in love with electronic repair. I'm 39 but i dont think so its late.

I always check badcaps first for research faults.

Comment

Hi,

Need help with laptop mobo repair.

Thanks.

Comment

Working...
                                          X