This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Howdy! Aazjo here. I'll been immersed in computers and electronics since I could hold a soldering iron. Lately I've been gaining interest in micro-soldering and component level repair. I remember the bad capacitor fiasco of the early 2000s and find it interesting that the name of this forum is such. Hoping to learn much from you and hopefully be able to share some small tidbit of my knowledge and experience and contribute to the community.

Comment

Hello thanks for add

Comment

Greetings and Salutations! Found the site by chance and I'm enjoying the info within! I'm re-learning board level repair these days and every bit of information helps. Some where buried deep in a box I have a piece of paper that says I have a degree in Electronics and Applied sciences. Feel free to say HI and if I can help let me know

Iggy

Comment

Hi everyone. I'm very grateful for this site as it is a ton of valuable info for soldering begginers such as me. Thank you all for helping each other! I hope that I will help someone too someday. Greetings from Czech Republic!

Comment

Hello people, I'm a computer engineer with a passion for electronics and repairs. I'm sure to find some useful and expert help here for my next challenge.

Comment

I graduated in electronic engineering. I like to repair electrical equipment since middle school. I like to find knowledge in fixing computers. Today, technology is changing very fast.
              I have to search for this knowledge almost every day.

Comment

Hi
                My name is Moo.
                I graduated in electronic engineering. I like to repair electrical equipment since middle school. I like to find knowledge in fixing computers. Today, technology is changing very fast.
                I have to search for this knowledge almost every day.
                Greetings from Thailand!

Comment

Hello!

Comment

Hello !

I am new here. I am a PC geek interested in all sorts of things. I do some repair of electronics, to a beginner to mid level, but still have a lot to learn.
                    My hobbies are overclocking, road bike, mechanical work, science, gardening and a few more things.
                    I work in a start up company, take care of the IT, and a research department. I currently have finished painting a building, of 4 levels, finished repairing cars, and I look forward to new challenges

I stumbled on this forum when looking for the schematic of the K501L motherboard of Asus laptop for a colleague who has a burned lcd-display output, although the hdmi output works fine. The back-lighting is dead after a "pseudo hardware shop" did some mess and gave back a broken PC although they billed 150 bucks or so. So here i MA.

Thank you for sharing all this good knowledge and being so welcoming.
                    Cheers,
                    bolc

PS: as an internet forumeur and pc geek, I obviously do not give my first and last name

Comment

Hello everyone, my name is Chris, I go by Big AL, I live in the Daytona Beach Florida area, I was born in 1983, so I guess this makes me a Xennial as they call it? I joined the community a while back, but I never looked to read my messages until just now, because I have a problem that I really would like clarification on. I do a lot of computer repair and if I see a TV being thrown out, I will grab it to see why, and fix it if it needs fixing at all. I am amazed at all the things that people throw away. Anyhow, I have a degree in web design but I really like doing things with soldering. I am honing in on my skills every day, but there is always room for improvement.

Comment

Hello, my name is Yongee
                        Ola, meu nome e Yongee
                        Hola, me llamo Yongee
                        Ciao, il mio nome e Yongee
                        Salut, je m'apelle Yongee
                        你好,我叫Yongee
                        ^&£$, £&*("££*$ Yongee

Comment

Hello,

I'm Hector from Montreal, Canada. I'm here so I can better understand how to fix MacBook Pro's or have them fixed in order to donate them.
                          Thanks for keeping this forum alive and providing very resourceful information.

Au revoir,

Comment

Hi,

My name is Leandro, I live on the Brazil smallest city called Aracaju . Currently I'm getting graduated in electronics on a technician school. I'm eager to learn and share each time more.

Comment

Hi all,
                              I'm David, living in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia. I recently dusted off my soldering iron and started tinkering - one thing led to another, and I ended up replacing the caps in a 30-year-old Rotel tuner (amazingly, it worked). Now I'm preparing to tackle the power supply in my LG monitor ...

Comment

Hi Everybody

I'm from Milton Keynes UK, love electronics, retro computers and consol's.. I joined this site in hope to gain knowledge and possibly help too.. cya in a post sometime soon

Comment

Hello Everybody,

let's try to make the world a little more sustainable!

faberHH

Comment

Good day! Just here to gain sum knowledge!

Comment

Hi Everybody, thanks for add.

Comment

Cheers! My name is Marcelo, I am from Argentina, I have repaired notebooks-netbooks-pc for some years, before I was dedicated to the repair of sound equipment, but given the low demand for this work in my area, I decided to learn about PC and I left Very useful to know some electronics beforehand, so here we are, always trying to learn and improve in this work, regards!

Comment

Hello!

Just got a nice TV from goodwill for $10 and looking to see if its worth repairing!

Comment

Working...
                                          X