X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hello!
    Realised that this forum is a very nice resource and decided to create an account

Comment

hello folks

Comment

G'day all,
        I was interested in electronics since I was handed my first electronics catalogue in 1983. From then on I delved into repairing TV's and ended up being self taught. But in 1991 I was offered an apprenticeship as a radio tradesman (a fossilized name for an electronics technician).
        I worked for various TV, VCR etc. repair agencies as well as doing my last stint with a computer monitor repair company.
        I retired in 1998 due to illness, but continued in the electronics field.
        I used to install mod chips into Playstations and the first generation of X-Box consoles.
        These days I only repair appliances for myself, friends and family, but I'm now into creating circuits using Eagle to make various test equipment and other projects for myself and relatives.
        My first PC was an old XT clunker which I purchased second-hand. But I loved the old CGA and EGA games that were around at the time.
        I hope I can be a help on this Forum for anyone with electronic problems, but I have to admit that most of my theory I studied during my apprenticeship has been forgotten.
        Kind regards to all.
        Relayer
        John

Comment

Hello All. I've used this site a few times over the years, and finally decided to join. In process of repairing a Vizio TV and found a thread here with a good EEPROM dump in it. Excellent collection of information here.

Comment

Hello. Having issues with my TC-P55GT30. Have read some threads and hoping for some help. Good day! From Wisconsin in the USA.

Comment

Hi there, I'm experience issues with my Philips 52PFL5704D/F7 TV, and was hoping the friendly community might be able to provide me with some answers!

Comment

Hi all,

I'm not heavy into mechanical/technical fixes, but I have some experience. I came here due to a failing Sharp TV LC-70LE757U. At first, a light horizontal line appeared, then a few more weeks later, and after a few minutes being on, another week later, the TV became dark with over-saturated colors in random areas. Unplugging HDMI only froze the picture, but helped nothing. The frustrating thing is that a TV less than 5 years old with minimal use should not quit working so quickly (bought in 2014, it's 4 years old almost).

The last big thing I replaced was an old, bulging, Air Conditioner Capacitor outdoors. The last small thing was smartphone disassembly and screen replacement, but the digitizer attached to the screen was broken too - thus, no fix, but lesson learned. Coming here is a step toward potential repair, but it sound like a complicated fix if the LCD panel is potentially broken along with a circuit board and/or internal connections.

Comment

Hello to all!
                  My name is Philip and I live in Sofia, Bulgaria. I repair electronics stuff from long time ago with pleasure

Comment

Ime Mašin Nusret rodjen 13.06.1957.gozenjen imam 2 djece i 2 unuke.Ja sam hardver tehnicar.U elektronici se bavim iz oblasti servisiranja i popravke audio video uredjaja i TV-a raznih generacija od CRT-a plazma, LCD, LED. U svakodnevnom poslu koristim mjerne uredjaje poznatih svjetskih proizvodjaca.Radim na AMD Athlon x2 za potrebe servisiranja. Moj prijenosni sustav Wi-Fi android LG G3.

Comment

Hi, My name's Mark and I'm from Poland. This forum has helped me many times so I decided to register to (hopefully) repay the favor.

Comment

Hi, I'm Luke. Just trying to get help troubleshooting an issue with a TV I picked up

Comment

Hi Joe here, taking electronics out of the landfill and bringing them back to life!

Comment

Hi there!
                            Im an italian computer lover and Im here cause my Dell 2408wfp doesn't turn on anymore.
                            Im worried buy I had the force to open and completely rear it down.
                            I hope to resolve.
                            I'm Loris amd Im happy to be here with you.

Bye bye

Comment

Greetings All!
                              My formal education includes primarily Electronic Maint tech & received AS in Information technology several years ago also.
                              Amateur Radio licensed Extra Class. I like the challenge of repairing various pieces of Electronic gear that people have either given to me or rescued from the roadside.
                              My does brought in his 8 year old Smart Flatscreen which passed recently.
                              He would like for me to determine if it can be resurrect it for a reasonable price.
                              Won't hurt to score points with the Boss either, eh?

Comment

Im stephan from holland and want to post a problem of my tv.

Comment

Hello,

From Canada and having trouble with an LG TV I'm trying to repair. Will continue trying some things of my own before I post here though.

Cheers!

Comment

Hello,

I am from California and just want to introduce myself.
                                    Thanks!

Comment

Good evening everyone!

I am excited to be a part of this online community and am very eager to learn more about component level repair. I work at a phone/tablet/computer repair shop, and want to integrate more component level repair to our daily flow. I appreciate any help given, and I hope to even be able to share some of my findings with you all as well!

Comment

Hello,

i'm Arnel from Philippines.. i want to learn more.. i'm repairing laptop here in our province marinduque.

Comment

Hello to Everyone

I am George from Greece. I am very glad to be part of this community. I just want to say hello.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                          X