X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Members - please post your introductions here

Hi everyone, thank you for accepting me here

My name's Richard Freeman from TechWizard. I work for myself and offer computer support, repairs & training. As I don't like to see electronics go to waste, I'm part of the Microsoft Registered Refurbisher program. I obtain old (usually non-working) computers through donations, repair them and resell with Windows 10 & Office at low cost to disadvantaged groups such as: low-income families, individuals with disabilities, Charities or non-profit organisations.

Currently, I'm only capable of very basic electronics repair such as replacing USB ports, DC Jacks and large capacitors. I'd like to move into the realms of component level repair so that I'm able to reuse a larger number of faulty components therefore keeping waste to a minimum.

So, I'm looking for support and guidance from the forums, and hope to offer the same as my experience grows

Comment

Hi everyone!

I am an electronics engineer and I can't stand broken equipment. Looking for info I stumbled on this site. Looking forward to more.....!

Comment

Hey all!

I am a long time lurker and I am finally saying hello. I am an electronics engineer tech. that gradamacated from Cincinnati State not too long ago. I want to learn it all or die trying.

Comment

Hi All,

The name is Wilbert and I am from the Netherlands. Just found this site trough Google. Looks very promissing! I've been a Ham for may years now and as the "technisian" in the family I get a lot repairs to do. Many pc and laptops too. The hobby is shifting from Ham to SBC's like the Raspberry Pi and Orange Pi. Everything I know is self tought and google is my friend. Using a Hot Iron is in my blood allthoug the smd components are many times a headeache.

As you can see is English not my first language so sorry for the crummy use of it.

Regards Wilbert

Comment

q tal con todos los colegas, aqui me presento humildemente ante ustedes

ante todo soy un geek de la informatica y me gusta mucho investigar:música:
            asi q buscando informacion para solucionar problemas en algunas notebook de cliente me encontre con este foro donde quiero aprender y compartir lo q see con mis 3 años de experiencia en reparacion de portatiles

por cierto no es muy bueno mi ingles:Estados Unidos:pero trato de transmitir lo que se de la mejor manera

soy profesional de informatica, soy de peru y espero ser aceptados poro el todo el foro

gracias y saludos: groucho:

Comment

Hi, Can I just say this is a fantastic forum! I have no experience with electronics, but am very keen to learn. I have a problem with my LG Plasma and have spent a few hours reading the boards to try and diagnose the problem and hopefully fix it myself. The bottom half of the screen flickers and goes completely black, but then it will work fine with a complete picture. It's been playing up like this on and off for 12 months and seems to be worse in the hotter months of the year. It's a massive set and takes two people to lift. The repair shop is going to charge me around $150AU just to pick it up and take it to their service centre before they'll do any repairs. It seems there may be a problem with the Y buffer board, but I have heaps more reading to do and lots of stupid questions to ask. I'm learning how to fix iPads, other tablets and phones and am now thinking about developing skills in tv repair as well. This is a great forum and hopefully I'll be able to contribute something worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by TechWizard.Support View Post
                Hi everyone, thank you for accepting me here

My name's Richard Freeman from TechWizard. I work for myself and offer computer support, repairs & training. As I don't like to see electronics go to waste, I'm part of the Microsoft Registered Refurbisher program. I obtain old (usually non-working) computers through donations, repair them and resell with Windows 10 & Office at low cost to disadvantaged groups such as: low-income families, individuals with disabilities, Charities or non-profit organisations.

Currently, I'm only capable of very basic electronics repair such as replacing USB ports, DC Jacks and large capacitors. I'd like to move into the realms of component level repair so that I'm able to reuse a larger number of faulty components therefore keeping waste to a minimum
                Great work TechWizard

Comment

Hello everyone! I am Mayukh, from India, but you can just call me reverend (my ingame nickname). I am currently doing my engineering in electronics and I do a lot of PC gaming(mainly fps). I also have an unending interest in hardware and electronics mainly DIY/ repairing. I have fixed some hardware(GPUs, motherboards) in the past for my friends and family and I am here to learn even more from this great community.

Comment

Hello, I'm new to the forum and looking mainly for information on my Plasma TV. However I'm finding this forum has a lot of useful information so I'll be utilizing it for personal electronics repairs around my home as well.

Comment

Hi, I'm new here.. I repair everything, phones, computers...

Comment

Hello! I am Tito. Electronics-enthusiast from Finland. Repairing, modifying and building devices from scratch is best thing anyone can do with pants on!

Comment

Hello people!! I a new member and i post here after some time that i had register my account here.

Comment

Just posting to say hello looking forward to posting my first text that question

Comment

Hello All,
                              I'm Don from Portland Ore and an instructor for recording technologies at my local community college. I routinely repair students busted gear and keep the analog and digital equipment running in the studios. I am always in the hunt for information to help me do this. I love keeping vintage gear working and giving my students whatever help they need. They are musicians mostly so they need lots of help. :-)
                              This site looks very promising.

Comment

Hello,
                                So my first problem that led me to this site is a dis-functioned B&K 2120. It just stopped working yesterday. It powers up and shows both traces but seems to ignore the inputs.
                                Do I need a scope to fix my scope? Ran into this a while back when my VOM quit. I bought a new one which allowed me to fix the old one. Nice catch-22.

Comment

Hi all!

Noob here, Davy from Melbourne, Australia. Hope you all had a great Christmas and are looking forward to the New Year!

Cheers

Comment

hello everyone is new to the forum and I'm here to introduce myself,
                                    my name is tommaso 30 years and I'm Italian, and for this I apologize for my English,
                                    I have always had a great passion for electronics and all that I have learned has been studied as self-taught,
                                    But surely I still have much to learn, and with your advice I'm sure to make it, thanks to everyone

Comment

my name is Ben, im going to collage to become a EE i work part time at a local repair shop and im the first one there venturing into bord level repairs, i need help finding things, schematics exc... if you helped me thank you so much

Comment

Hello,
                                        Merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone.

My name is Dimitris, im from Greece and im a computer and elecronics enthusiast. Since i was little when my parents bought me a present i first dissasembled it completely to see how its looks like on the inside and then put it back together and played with it! I would love to be a member of this community so i can have the oppurtunity to learn. Excuse me in advance for my bad English bud its not my native language.

Comment

I'm glad I found this forum while looking for answers on why my Vizio VW42L TV is failing. I se there are amany links to educational pages and many knowledgeable people here with answers to similar questions to mine. THANK YOU for maintaining the forum for us.

Comment

Working...
                                          X