SAMSUNG UE46D5520 rebooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SAMSUNG UE46D5520 rebooting

could a bad t con cause this issue? or maybe keep a look out for a smashed screen set and swap the boards over etc.

Comment

Originally posted by nomoresonys View Post
      Head scratcher, unless your firmware is wrong or your preparation of the chip is off somehow or your programmer?
      i never programmed the chips, they was sold to me as programmed, i don't have the equipment to do it anyway, and would not know where to start on that side of things.

Comment

Originally posted by vinceroger69 View Post
        could a bad t con cause this issue? or maybe keep a look out for a smashed screen set and swap the boards over etc.
        im looking m8, but they are like gold dust, just like the main boards for the tvs

Comment

Repair service there, must be pretty popular 5 sold in 24 hours. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SAMSUNG-U...2ux:rk:26:pf:0

Comment

Originally posted by finntricky View Post
            i never programmed the chips, they was sold to me as programmed, i don't have the equipment to do it anyway, and would not know where to start on that side of things.
            My bad, got the details wrong.

Comment

I know this is an old thread but did anyone get any further with this fault?
              I have a TV doing the same starting up and then turning off. It is on long enough to get a picture or channel come up and I can just get in to the first couple of menus before it turns off.
              The Power PCB is whistling a bit. the problem is it is a chicken and egg situation to find out if it is the main power board that is shutting down or the main board causing it to. When you unplug the wires from power to the main board the LED back lights stay on and TV does not keep turning off, plug it back in and the tv reverts back to constantly turning on and off.
              When it stays on long enough the panel works fine picture is good with sound, just won't stay on. There seems to be no bad capacitors on the power PCB, voltages on the panel look good when its on.
              Seems like Samsung has had this issue for some time and I would have thought it would be an easy fix to find now?

Comment

Having the exact same issue with a samsung UN, H series. Did you try freezing the nand/spi/eeprom to see if it stays on longer?

Comment

Video there: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ8HSLlOwA8

Comment

I will give that a go. I have tried hardwire reset and putting PCB in freezer for 4 hours but not cold enough. I did also try lighter fluid but you have to wait for that to evaporate or you could be in trouble ;-) Looking at the video it is critical to get that chip cold. So of to shops for some freezer spray.

Comment

What happen if you disconnect the cables between LCD panel and the T-CON?
                      Never stop learning
                      Basic LCD TV and Monitor troubleshooting guides.
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...956#post305956

Voltage Regulator (LDO) testing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...999#post300999

Inverter testing using old CFL:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthr...er+testing+cfl

Tear down pictures : Hit the ">" Show Albums and stories" on the left side
                      http://s807.photobucket.com/user/budm/library/

TV Factory reset codes listing:
                      http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=24809

Comment

Hi, If you disconnect the cable from the power board to the main interface board the back light stays on and TV does not switch on and off. Any other cables disconnected the TV carries on switching on and off. I have freezer spray now so will give the Eprom a blast but now I have to wait for Samsung's Website downloads to be fixed. For some reason I could not download them so contacted webchat and after 1 hour on there they realised their site was not working and is a known issue. They say they will fix it. Until I get hold of the updated software I can't move forward with this. It is a bit of chicken and egg as to cause and which PCB it is. Either one could be at fault but after seeing a you tube video of the same TV with exactly the same fault and what he did to get the TV to stay on etc. So I thought I have nothing to lose. The TV will be scrap if I can't fix it and I got it for nothing. But hope I can sort it if possible.
                        I do get a picture and sound when I have aerial plugged in so the TV and panel do function for a brief time.

Cheers Budm, I have seen your help and assistance and I have checked some of the voltage levels etc as you mention.

Comment

Is there another way to get the software? Does anyone else have it?
                          Just a thought.
                          Cheers,
                          Paul.

Comment

The website and download links are working. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/m...E46D5520RKXXU/

Comment

OK just to update, I read about certain internet browsers not working on Samsungs website download so tried Edge instead of Google Chrome and the download worked OK.
                              Got both versions available on the USB and ready to go. tried them one at a time after freezing eeprom. TV stayed on much longer so I could select the menu.
                              Tried both and TV just says no software to download or upgrade when I try. It knows the USB drive is there but won't load the upgrade at all. I have tried a hardware reset as well. and download via hard internet connection and still will not download.
                              It is looking like this TV is bricked. If I can't get the software to download or keep the TV on I am now stuck.
                              Any advice welcomed?
                              Cheers,
                              Paul.

Comment

Hi Diif, thanks for your reply. The link you sent above does not work either for me in Google Chrome. But I sorted this by using Edge Internet Browser ;-)

Comment

Working fine with Firefox and Chrome.
                                  You've extracted the update to the USB ?

Comment

Hi Diif, Yes I got the file extracted. So I have -

Upgrade File(USB type) ver 1027.0 (MULTI LANGUAGE)
                                    : All OS
                                    2015-06-24
                                    Downloads [61.71 MB]

Upgrade File(USB type) ver 1025.0 (MULTI LANGUAGE)
                                    : All OS
                                    2015-04-23

Nether would load on the TV. I assume it is because the TV already has this update? Maybe I did not do the reset properly? But now stuck.
                                    Cheers,
                                    Paul.

Comment

You've run the downloaded .exe and it's created the folder on the memory stick ?

Comment

Yep, it has the folder and the original file. I tried it a few times. TV just did not want to read the file or upgrade. I also tried both USB ports. The TV only had mains and the USB stick connected. I am sure I am doing something wrong?

Comment

Strange that it doesn't want to update thru usb, you might have the latest firmware already on tv, can you see anywhere that says what your current version number of firmware is? Wonder if you could update it thru ethernet, maybe, as long as the tv stays on long enough, might need to give it a periodical shot of freeze-spray to keep it cold.

Comment

Working...
                                          X