Sapphire RX570 Nitro 4GB Repair Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sapphire RX570 Nitro 4GB Repair Help

i have a Sapphire RX570 Nitro 4GB it keeps causing the pc to reboot it does sometimes load windows and i manged to play gta5 on it for about 15mins then reboots again

i did a few checks and found that vcore memory and memory controller turns off and back on again i thought it might be a faulty vrm controller so i replaced it but same thing happens never came across this kind of fault before anyone know where i should begin from here

Re: Sapphire RX570 Nitro 4GB Repair Help

This sort of problem can be due to a faulty RAM chip/chips on the video card

This will show you how to test it
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a4QUkoBvxuY
    Follow me on YouTube
    ------------------
    Learn Electronics Repair
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFX...R8UZ2vg/videos

Comment

thx alot for this info

i downloaded all the stuff im trying to use disk genius to setup the drive but when i right click on the drive quick partition is greyed out and f6 on the keyboard doesn't work, its connected using sata on the motherboard but on my usb drive i have connected it isn't greyed out u know why that is

Comment

i managed to get that setup and working i ran the test and got a pass

Comment

This maybe useful...

Originally posted by DynaxSC View Post
          It could be that tserver does not detect a memory error, when the memory is only "somewhat" broken, so that it fails on higher frequencies only.

There is a way to let tserver test on higher frequencies -> You may try the hint from DrasticRepairs at the end of the thread:

https://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=101715

Comment

Originally posted by Bozog View Post
            This maybe useful...
            thanks again for the help
            got the mem test working got to 1362.5mhz and still a pass anything higher it starts to run the test then the computer reboots, happens every time so might be difficult to identify the faulty module

Comment

Originally posted by spiderspore View Post
              thanks again for the help
              got the mem test working got to 1362.5mhz and still a pass anything higher it starts to run the test then the computer reboots, happens every time so might be difficult to identify the faulty module
              Same problem here with a rx470 8gb, dont know what else to do (i mean running on supposed default ram clocks, not more)
              Last edited by foshland; 02-02-2022, 07:10 AM. Reason: add info

Comment

Hi, maybe it is something with powersupply, so the power/voltage supervisor chip thinks that the power usage is out of range or some supply voltage is out of range. Maybe not all vrm phases are working but are not shorted ??? Don't know this card, but on Nvidia cards the monitoring is done often by a chip called INA3221. It measures several voltages and also the current for several supply lines (via a serial low ohm resistance). Could be also temperature monitoring.

Comment

anyone know what the voltage supervisor chip on this card is i cant find out what does it

Comment

hit a dead end with this, couldnt find what the voltage supervisor chip is on this card, so i replaced both GS7256 buck controllers on memory and memory controller in case they weren't working properly but still no difference dont know what to do from here

Comment

anyone have any ideas on where to go from here?

Comment

Recently had a 480 and a 580 with similar symptoms. After reducing the core and memory clocks by ~50-60 MHz, they worked "fine".
                        Gave up on trying to fix this and assumed some form of degradation.

Comment

it isnt stable enough in windows to reduce clocks it reboots as soon as i login

Comment

made some progress with this card, solved the rebooting problem by replacing the vrm controller and the pc stayed on for 12 hours without rebooting

card works as primary gpu for normal use no artifacts cant install drivers shows as code43 in device manager

in gpu-z it shows gpu clock as 0 MHZ
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by spiderspore; 05-08-2022, 03:45 AM.

Comment

i tried flashing a new bios but amdvbflashwin doesn't detect it only the onboard graphics is detected

Comment

i ran another ram test with the dmgg.py script and got no bad chips
                                if its not the ram what are the other causes of code43

Comment

Originally posted by spiderspore View Post
                                  i tried flashing a new bios but amdvbflashwin doesn't detect it only the onboard graphics is detected
                                  Flash unpowered with something like a CH341A programmer?

Comment

hopefully that works. i ordered one already just waiting for it to arrive

Comment

Working...
                                    X