X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HP 15-ac126nv no power at all

Originally posted by Andreasbest View Post
    I tried it no change, still getting onlily 0.0011A and resistance 1.7kΩ
    you are facing strange things. I have no idea how its possible. anyway have you cleaned all liquid damaged areas with alcohol?? If not first clean the board. Then lets try to start again.

Edit: If you can heat the board using hotgun I guess some solder points will make a good connection.

Comment

Strange things indeed, somebody told me that might be capacitor ready to die.
      Yes all damaged area is cleaned with isopropylene alcohol

Comment

Strange things indeed, somebody told me that might be capacitor ready to die.
        Yes all damaged area is cleaned with isopropylene alcohol
        as I know capacitors should heat up if they defective. Can you heat the board. To make good connection on solder points

After that, check resistance on PU2 all the pins. If the resistance are okay, sold pu2 and pq7 back and check. I Dont think 1.7kohms allow PU2 to heat up. (according to the calcuations)
        Last edited by harshana; 09-21-2022, 05:00 AM.

Comment

Not gonna put the mb to over or resolder everything, not worth the time.
          Any other idea?

Comment

LDO3 resistance at 1.7K is too low. have you removed the KBC??

Btw, what is the resistance on PL12 coil??

Comment

Not gonna put the mb to over or resolder everything, not worth the time.
              Any other idea?
              I suggested it because I see resistance keep changing. May be contact issues. anyway, then we will have to test all the endpoints who use +3VL

I saw you have mentioned that you removed a capacitor. Who was that?? Can you remove PC46 (marked in the image) and test resistance again on pin 15.

Anything changed??
              Attached Files

Comment

No KBC not removed, only PU2 and PQ7, i'll check resistance Monday because i'm again away from the bench and let you know.

I only removed the capacitor next to pin15 of PU2 but it's working fine, not shorted.
                I'll try PC46 on Monday and let you know.

Comment

Hello!
                  Finally found some time to remove KBC.
                  Now resistance @ pin 15 of PU2 is 45ΚΩ and raising.
                  KBC is dead too?

Comment

Hello!
                    Finally found some time to remove KBC.
                    Now resistance @ pin 15 of PU2 is 45ΚΩ and raising.
                    KBC is dead too?
                    Do i need to confirm that kbc is dead.

Comment

So KBC needs programming as you told me so the motherboard goes to donor, can you confirm this at least

Comment

So KBC needs programming as you told me so the motherboard goes to donor, can you confirm this at least
                        you will be able to find programmed chip. So I suggest to replace KBC.

PS: If you have time,I guess you will be able to use Raspberry or arduino to program KBC. Just an idea. still had no chance to try.

Comment

KB series sio used on this mb is definitely programmable and there are pre-programmed chips available in market. So give it a try or else take it to someone who has the tools. KBC programmer is a must if you earn money from this business as almost all the mb has programmable kbc chips these days. I dont know whether raspberry/arduino can program kbc but i think its not possible.

Comment

Originally posted by mcplslg123 View Post
                            KB series sio used on this mb is definitely programmable and there are pre-programmed chips available in market. So give it a try or else take it to someone who has the tools. KBC programmer is a must if you earn money from this business as almost all the mb has programmable kbc chips these days. I dont know whether raspberry/arduino can program kbc but i think its not possible.
                            Here is the guide I found from youtube. He use CH431a programmer to program KBC.

https://youtu.be/GQGH6yZuXCc

I was able to flash lot of bios chips using Raspberry pi 3. the software I used was flashrom. Anyway I guess we can use same method to flash KBC.

I can guarantee Its possible to flash Bios Chip using Raspberry pi

Comment

I have CH431A but i have some questions:
                              A) Where do you get the dump)
                              B) How will i identify a already programmed and a nulled one?
                              On ebay i only see the KBC chips, none mentions "preprogrammed" etc.

Comment

[deleted]

Comment

I have CH431A but i have some questions:
                                  A) Where do you get the dump)
                                  B) How will i identify a already programmed and a nulled one?
                                  On ebay i only see the KBC chips, none mentions "preprogrammed" etc.
                                  A) You can find them from internet. try to request dump from the bios section of this forum.

B) I see pre programmed chip on Ebay. Mention the KBC No. I will try to share a link

Comment

NeoProgrammer software for the CH341A .Its better to invest in a proper IO programmer though, as mcplslg123 said "KBC programmer is a must if you earn money from this business as almost all the mb has programmable kbc chips these days."
                                    Attached Files
                                    Last edited by SMDFlea; 09-29-2022, 06:26 AM.
                                    All donations to badcaps are welcome, click on this link to donate. Thanks to all supporters

Comment

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20290393339...mis&media=COPY

see. you can find the chip if you search

Comment

Ok so to summarize: i need PU2, PQ7 and a new KBC, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by harshana View Post
                                          https://www.ebay.com/itm/20290393339...mis&media=COPY

see. you can find the chip if you search
                                          Ok so i must search for programmed chip for this particular mb, thank you for the info

Comment

Working...
                                          X