Epson EMP TW700 projector not turning on from heat warning light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epson EMP TW700 projector not turning on from heat warning light

Hello all, my Epson EMP TW700 projector is not turning on straight away and it shows the "over heated" light I can get it to work if I turn it of and on about 10 times or more. I looked at this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DlioOaKCoY&t=712s and took the two sensors out and swapped them around but I didn't re-apply solder to the sensors yet. I checked the resistance on the two sensors and im getting about 10k for both and there are no burnt out traces. I fully disassembled the unit and checked all the fans were working with 12 volts and they are all working and the unit is clean inside, the little motor that moves the window is working well and strong as I have put pressure on the cogs and powered it, the only thing I haven't checked is the motor that opens the iris with the upper and lower shutters as I dont know the pin out for the motor but I can here it move when powered on so maybe im missing something on the two sensors. This site here: https://www.instructables.com/id/Eps...Sensor-Repair/ says you can replace the sensors with a 10,000 ohm resistor but can someone confirm this for the EMP TW700.

I forgot to say I checked the two switches that detect the position of the sliding window next to the small motor and they are working well, pictures to come after some sleep.
    Last edited by CdDvdFlash; 04-25-2020, 04:01 PM.

Re: Epson EMP TW700 projector not turning on from heat warning light

when was the last time it worked properly ?

Comment

It hasn't been powered on for about a year it had the same problem then its been in a cupboard waiting to be fixed and its on its 3rd lamp so its had some fair use.

Comment

did it first happen whilst in use ? i ask because corrosion can cause odd faults .

Comment

no it was only when I went to turn it on

Comment

Originally posted by CdDvdFlash View Post

I forgot to say I checked the two switches that detect the position of the sliding window next to the small motor and they are working well, pictures to come after some sleep.
            Here are some pictures of the two sensors and the shutter motor wires which I dont know what to try to test the motor as there is no black negative wire just yellow, blue, red and orange, also I have realigned the shutter with the dots there is two dots on one cog and one dot on the other, there is no arrows to align them, I have put some extra solder to the sensors thermoresistors and the pins to the wire connectors but I didnt take a picture of that.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X