Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Razer Blade 15 (2020) missing components

Hi,

I have a Razer Blade Base (2020) notebook with 2 missing MOSFET's. The motherboard marking is DA550-MB MP V4.0. There are no schematics or boardviews available.

I have marked the missing components on the attached screenshot. If anybody has a similar or identical motherboard, please do tell me the part numbers.

Thank you very much in advance!

Cheers,

sect-sin
    Attached Files

Re: Razer Blade 15 (2020) missing components

it is just n-chanel dual mosfets.

Comment

Originally posted by ktmmotocross View Post
      it is just n-chanel dual mosfets.
      Thank you for the info. Can you be a little bit more specific? Which N channel Dual MOSFET should I choose? Can you tell me what parameters I should look out for?

Thanks.

sect-sin

Comment

I have to insist here, since I am pretty sure these aren't simple N-Channel MOSFETs... But Dual-Mosfets, so high- and low-side in one package. I have a razer blade 2019 board here on my bench and they use something like that too. Unfortunately it has different package dimension so would not fit for your board.
        FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
          I have to insist here, since I am pretty sure these aren't simple N-Channel MOSFETs... But Dual-Mosfets, so high- and low-side in one package. I have a razer blade 2019 board here on my bench and they use something like that too. Unfortunately it has different package dimension so would not fit for your board.
          Sephir0th,

I searched for hi-res images of the board, I came across your version and also noticed that they pretty much changed the power stage. Thank you for checking though, I hope somebody turns up who has such a board.

Cheers,

sect-sin

Comment

Hi all,

I would like to up this thread. Still hoping that somebody could help.

Cheers,

sect-sin

Comment

Can you post closer pics of this section of the logic board?

What is the function of this area of the circuit board?

Who is driving these mosfets?

Comment

The missing MOSFETs are related to the 3.3V and 5,V Buck converter.
                FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Hello,

I have attached some more photos. They must be dual MOSFETs, I think high side and low side in one chip. One side is ground, the other side is definitely going to the CPU through inductors. I have managed to track down one gate, as Sephir0th has correctly mentioned, it is driven by a TI1285B buck converter (datasheet attached).

BTW, the fuse marked X is blown, so I am guessing these MOSFETs were handling power from the battery. I got the notebook from a wound-up repair shop, probably the person working previously on this board desoldered the MOSFET's because one or both died, and the replacements never arrived. I am hoping that the low side blew, there are no shorts on the board, CPU, GPU, memory resistances all check out, so there is real hope I could revive this notebook - if only I could figure out what MOSFETs to get.

Cheers,

sect-sin
                  Attached Files

Comment

Hi all,

Attached please find an image I found on the net. This is the closest I could get, unfortunately the marking number cannot be seen, but you can partially see the logo (AON?). Maybe somebody recognizes it.

Cheers,

sect-sin
                    Attached Files

Comment

Could be AON6992 then. But don't take this as confirmation, but just an idea. I'm really bad in finding suitable replacements... xD
                      Last edited by Sephir0th; 10-13-2022, 04:17 PM.
                      FairRepair on YouTube

Comment

Review the nearby black cable = battery pack cable ?

Then these 2 mosfets are very likely to be the HIGH side & LOW side charging mosfets.

Next, locate where pin #4 of each missing mosfet travels to on the logic board -> should be a charger IC nearby.

Any chance it is the ISL95521AHRZ ? Found a razer schematic of another board in my paid subscription (locked to my account).

Comment

Originally posted by mon2 View Post
                          Review the nearby black cable = battery pack cable ?

Then these 2 mosfets are very likely to be the HIGH side & LOW side charging mosfets.

Next, locate where pin #4 of each missing mosfet travels to on the logic board -> should be a charger IC nearby.

Any chance it is the ISL95521AHRZ ? Found a razer schematic of another board in my paid subscription (locked to my account).
                          mon2,

I can confirm that the nearby connector is the cable for the battery.

I traced some more. Both G1 and G2 of both missing MOSFET's is connected to the TI1285B buck converter directly, to pins DRVH1/DRVH2 and DRVL1/DRVL2 respectively. From the buck converter, I managed to trace SW1/SW2 directly to the charging chip, which is a ISL95520AHRZ. Unfortunately only a 2 page short datasheet is available for the charging chip (locked down datasheets are a highly annoying idea of Intersil/Reneas, I do hope they go to hell for this sometime).

Anyway, the numbering of my charging chip is VERY close to yours, so perhaps I could try the MOSFET's in your schematic...

Cheers and thanks,

sect-sin

Comment

Originally posted by Sephir0th View Post
                            Could be AON6992 then. But don't take this as confirmation, but just an idea. I'm really bad in finding suitable replacements... xD
                            Seph,

Could be, voltages (as far as I can see) would fit my board. Do you think that trying AON6995's would be detrimental to the board? Or is the worst case that it simply doesn't work?

Dont worry, I will not hold anything against you

Cheers,

sect-sin

Comment

Can you link a datasheet for the aon6995? Unable to find this part.

As per above suggestions, this is a dual N-channel mosfet (30v) in a single package. It it driven be the TI1285B so the first posted datasheet is offering the recommended schematic.

Agree with KT.

Comment

Mon2,

Sorry, that was a typo. AON6992 is the correct part number.

Cheers,

sect-sin

Comment

Yes, this dual N-channel mosfet looks suitable.

Do you have 2 of them?

Comment

mon2,

I will check tonight whether I find some. If not, I will order some, and keep you posted.

Cheers,

sect-sin

Comment

Hi all,

There is some mediocre progress (regress?) here. I got the AON6992s, soldered them, and exchanged the blown fuse. Unfortunately it did not work - upon connecting the notebook to the adapter, there is no life, no leds, no fans, no nothing. After that, I tried connecting the battery, and that immediately blew the fuse again. I checked, there is still no short anywhere on the board.

Then I noticed something I should have noticed earlier. There is also a missing diode - aargh.

Could that cause the fuse to blow? Has anybody any idea what kind of diode I should try to chuck in there?

Thanks in advance and cheers,

sect-sin
                                      Attached Files

Comment

Hi all,

And I found a nice lady who was so kind to make a video review of exactly this notebook in 4K - god bless her soul (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gxQpEA4pxo). So I managed to make a screen grab (attached), blew it out in Photoshop, and it turns out the MOSFET's are AON6982 - so Sephiroth, you were extremely close, they are equivalent to AON6992's.

The diode is still not entirely visible though.

Cheers,

sect-sin
                                        Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                        X